• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding with Norman Reedus

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
Didn't see anything posted but if you are a rider and/or fan of TWD, the show is on now on AMC. They will probably replay it later tonight too.

First 15min is pretty good but then I am a rider and TWD fan.

Not bad, wife recorded it as I had no idea who he was (she is the walking dead fan in our house)

I haven't watched it yet, but if you haven't listened to the Motorcycles and Misfits podcast, you're missing out (but not safe for work or kids). They are featured on the first episode.

I watched it. Had some neat parts, little too much goofy hipster talk, and light bike advertising, but I'll probably keep watching anyway.

I think it's impossible to make a motorcycle thing without contemplative voice-over work about "brotherhood" and "I was lost until I found the community".

I'll be watching, looks interesting. A laid back look at different places and bikes. I'm hopeful.

I don't have cable so have to wait for it to pop up online somewhere.

I was able to endure 21 minutes. Too much of the self-important California attitude, and too little about real motorcycling. Perhaps if fewer sentences had begun with "like"....

I watched the Pacific Coast ride episode. It's corny some ways, but has some good moments. They try too hard to emphasize the "cool" factor, I guess to impress the "cool" crowd.
Good: some history of the area and roads, some cool bikes
Downers: fake party and high fives

A solid meh. Yeah. Tries too hard to be cool. Not enough about bikes and riding. I can watch at leisure on Amazon, so I'll watch another and see.

Norman was in Texas on this weeks show. He rode from Austin to San Antonio down one of the three sisters, 336. He was surprised how pretty the Texas hill country is.

Very, very corny but.....it's about motorcycle riding. I'll watch it. Hope it gets better. Probably a one season deal.

I'm bummed the American Top Gear was cancelled. It wasn't anything close to the original but again, motor heads must :flip:

Kinda cheesy but I think as they move out of CA, I will like it more. Not great but I enjoy it.

I've watched a couple of them and agree. It's corny, cheesy, lots of fluff and fake party. But the motorcycle aspect is OK. It may trigger renewed interest in non HD rides, which can't hurt.

I've watched a couple of them and agree. It's corny, cheesy, lots of fluff and fake party. But the motorcycle aspect is OK. It may trigger renewed interest in non HD rides, which can't hurt.

I was thinking the same thing as I watched the Texas episode. I think that, so far, they've done a really great job of showing what else is out there. Maybe it gets people with a passing interest to be a little more educated.

I have been watching it and I think it is just okay. The Texas episode generated two comments from me. Could he have made San Antonio look worse? Had to bring up guns because it is Texas you know.

Zombie-ish thread from 2016 revived here:

And maybe a Zombie Thread is appropriate considering the host(s) are from the apparently, very popular Walking Dead TV series. I've not watched a single episode of that show but am constantly bombarded on social media by nieces/nephews asking if anyone caught the last episode and OMG and all that sort of rot. Meh, ok, maybe I'll sit and watch S1, E1 of TWD one day to see what all the fuss is about......not. :trust:

As far as the program folks are discussing here in this thread, "Ride with Norman Redus,I think on AMC cable channel. I came upon a rerun of the program tonite about 3:30am while channel surfing. Its of S2, E1 (11/5/17).

Reedus and it seems castmate, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, again never watched this program. Well, they are riding bikes' thru Barcelona in this episode, so the descript caught my short attention span. All things Spain interest me.....especially if on bikes.

Reedus is on a Triumph Tiger. Morgan is on what seems to be a low, cc powered Brixton. He's told by locals that many use the Brixton to travel comfortably, economically throughout Spain. He's a huge dude on this tiny street looking bike. Reedus' Tiger looks pretty sharp.

I read alot of negative comments within this thread of all the hipster-broster speak in early episodes. OK, I've not watched any other episodes to comment about that. But this episode of these two, riding thru parts of Spain with some Spanish bikers amid fantastic views, I found to be a very interesting program that may interest some other bike fans here.

I imagine if one is a fan of the popular TWD program, this might be of interest to see their fave actors on bikes. OK, it aint, "comedians' in cars' getting coffee". Yeah, I get way too much TV time. :doh:

But I'm liking this particular episode of this program tonite and will search for earlier episodes to watch for comparison. Though I doubt I will ever really attempt to start watching TWD series. :giveup: peace, y'all. e.

I'm a walking dead fan. Dvr the show in case I miss an episode.

Maybe that is why I didn't think too much of Ride.

There too much man-love and not enough RIDE.

I want to see Bacelona bike culture, country-side and discoveries.

Instead, I was treated to hugs and uncomfortable admiration, looking for past apartments, documenting teen girls being teenagers and eating dinner with mom.

Very disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back