• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Reflections on 10 years of Two Wheeled Texans

As many of you already know, my Dad passed away this past Friday (03/04/22). It made me think of the letter mentioned in the first post of this thread. I have never been good at keeping things like that and I have no idea what I've done with the original hand written note. Had it not been for me sending out that email to everyone all those years ago, I would have lost his words forever. I was thinking I might use it when I speak at his memorial service. He really lived what he wrote, right up until his final moments with us.

As many of you already know, my Dad passed away this past Friday (03/04/22). It made me think of the letter mentioned in the first post of this thread. I have never been good at keeping things like that and I have no idea what I've done with the original hand written note. Had it not been for me sending out that email to everyone all those years ago, I would have lost his words forever. I was thinking I might use it when I speak at his memorial service. He really lived what he wrote, right up until his final moments with us.
So sorry about your Dad. RIP. Hoping sadness turns to fond memories quickly.

Sorry for your loss.
Print out several copies of this original thread start and have them handy (No loss that way!) for next year when you celebrate TWT's 20th year and want to remind us of Dad's words again.
SS

Condolences to you and your family Scott...

Your dad was very wise in writing it down in a letter. I've had a few similar "talks" with my children when they were young but it would seem they don't remember them:doh:. Makes me want to softly bang my head against the wall:giveup:.

I managed to read the whole thing, but when I got to the end, it all hit me like a TON of bricks. I managed a few concluding remarks and turned it over to my brother. He did a fantastic job.

I managed to read the whole thing, but when I got to the end, it all hit me like a TON of bricks. I managed a few concluding remarks and turned it over to my brother. He did a fantastic job.
I'm glad you were able to get that far. I attended a good friend / former boss' memorial service in CA a few years back and couldn't even get two words out. I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

Great site that I keep coming back to so you really created something special, THANKS SCOTT!!:clap::clap:

Back