• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trials Riding

Tapatalk caused me to dump the photos into the middle of the post - sorry. Asking $2500

Kubotamike I am still here in Kyle. May take a couple of days to get the bike ride-able but I just need an excuse.

Sam

I have only ridden mine for. a couple months now. Even though I have not taken on any proper tutoring online or other wise, ijust playing around in these Ozark hills has already made me a better and more confident rider on all my other dirt bikes. Even noticed it myself a couple days ago. I was up on the pegs slowly threading the big Africa Twin (with large side bags mounted) in between a couple of very tight tree trunks at a pace so serenely slow it would have creeped me right out before I learned some trials bike speed and control of balance. As I mentioned I have only ever had a trials bike for a whole two months. I am excited to see how much more I might progress over the next several years with maybe a little formal instruction here and there as I run across it.

CTTA & NTTA are a couple of Texas trails clubs. CTTA has a facebook page and a web site: austintrials.com NTTA has a facebook page as well. Chris Johnson offers trials instruction and is located about 45min West of Fort Sill, OK on Buffalo Dream Ranch.

Is there a list of Trials clubs in Texas anywhere? I just bought a 2002 gas gas txt 200 and would love to join a local club but have not been able to find anything yet.. have watched a few YouTube videos and bought Dirt Wise 3 DVD to try and learn, have spent all my time learning to balance the bike whilst stationary without the engine running. With the handlebars on full lock, can balance any where from 10 seconds to 2 minutes, but vey inconsistent so need to work on that. Watching the DVD I will start trying to learn to wheelie using his methods, my CRF450X wheelies really well just by opening the throttle, but they say I should be using the clutch to lift the front wheel and this gas gas will lift the front wheel on the throttle alone, it is not as controlled as the video shows using the clutch!! Will try to unlearn my 30 year wheelie skills and learn this new technique. Really hoping this will greatly enhance my Dirt riding ability..

Gary

Oops! Sorry, replied to wrong post first try.

FYI:

CTTA & NTTA are a couple of Texas trails clubs. CTTA has a facebook page and a web site: austintrials.com NTTA has a facebook page as well. Chris Johnson offers trials instruction and is located about 45min West of Fort Sill, OK on Buffalo Dream Ranch.

Many thanks Brian, I found both clubs since posting my request and have ridden with a few of the NTTA members at Emma Long park!! Need to find a second cheap trials bike for my wife as she wants to try it also!! Great when you can share hobbies..

Gary

:tab I know next to nothing specific about various brands/models of trials bikes. I am thinking of one for my son. He's 11, maybe 85 lbs. He rides a Yamaha TTR110E without any issues. But, I really want him to learn how to balance and use the clutch. Also, I have room in the yard to set up a course for a trials bike but it is a bit small for any real fun on the 110. I'd like to not spend thousands of dollars. So I figure a used bike will have to do. Any suggestions?

Many thanks Brian, I found both clubs since posting my request and have ridden with a few of the NTTA members at Emma Long park!! Need to find a second cheap trials bike for my wife as she wants to try it also!! Great when you can share hobbies..

Gary

One just listed on www.texasoffroad.net

:tab I know next to nothing specific about various brands/models of trials bikes. I am thinking of one for my son. He's 11, maybe 85 lbs. He rides a Yamaha TTR110E without any issues. But, I really want him to learn how to balance and use the clutch. Also, I have room in the yard to set up a course for a trials bike but it is a bit small for any real fun on the 110. I'd like to not spend thousands of dollars. So I figure a used bike will have to do. Any suggestions?

Not sure of exact models but they make bikes for his size.

Need to find a second cheap trials bike for my wife as she wants to try it also!! Great when you can share hobbies..

Gary

So is this the time I need to list the Gas Gas for sale??? It has not been out to a ride in months... I got the KTM 200 out this last weekend and had to pull the carb to clean, they just sit and waste away. Maybe it's time it goes to someone who will play with it? Let me know Gary if you are interested, or anyone else who has time for a great bike.

Sam

TWTTrials2.jpg

I have had several trials bikes and really liked riding them. I was never great at it but it was fun and doesn't take a lot of space to ride a big plus. It's always more fun with a group though.

So is this the time I need to list the Gas Gas for sale??? It has not been out to a ride in months... I got the KTM 200 out this last weekend and had to pull the carb to clean, they just sit and waste away. Maybe it's time it goes to someone who will play with it? Let me know Gary if you are interested, or anyone else who has time for a great bike.

Sam

TWTTrials2.jpg

details?

I just sent Gary a reply to his question about the Gas Gas. I know Gary and his wife and they are great people/riders. I was not considering selling it till I read his post but it got me to thinking that it was not being utilized and may not be in the near or distant future. I have done all the riding in the back field by myself I care to. I did a couple of competitions and had a good time, but I have ridden offroad competition most of my adult life and just want to ride with friends now. I am old and getting slower by the day. I purchased the trials bike because I noticed my balance on the KTM seemed to be...slow to react and my body position seemed off. It is better now, not sure the trials bike is the cure but I hadn't ridden in about 6 months and went out this weekend and felt pretty quick...for an old man.
But anyway if Gary decides not to purchase it and I am still motivated to sell it I will post it in the "For Sale " section with all the details. :ponder:
Woodsguy I will PM you if/when it is posted.
Sam

Trying to link to the FIM 2015 championship...

Video for fim world trials championship 2015▶ 12:33
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXubj3qLM_4
Jun 16, 2015 - Uploaded by Colin Vistamills
Toni Bou, Takahisa Fujinami, Jaime Busto, Albert Cabestany, James Dabill, Alexandre ...

Forgive me if this is a repost....:sun:

Man that is something. I'm still trying to do figure eights in the ditch in front of the house.

Man that is something. I'm still trying to do figure eights in the ditch in front of the house.

I watch stuff like that and the extreme enduro stuff, and it's like those people are from other planets... The things they can make their bikes do are just mind boggling. My son LOVES watching Toni Bou and Graham Jarvis videos.

I still have my '08 Gas Gas. Not riding much these days, even though all I need to do is put boots & helmet on and go out back. Also have not been riding the KTM much but twice last month so maybe a tick upward in riding both is in the future...?

Sam

I still have mine but work and the barn project has me all tied up. Really want to get some time on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a 2005 Montesa 4RT and putzing around my property (20 acres) on it -am practising my balance (just turned 60) and figure eights - much harder than it looks - for me anyway
Besdides being fun I hope I improve my technical riding on my dirt bike

Right on congrats. I have an 06 4RT

FYI if your clutch drags real bad there is a special transmission oil Honda recommends and it works perfectly but expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back