• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Looking forward to meeting up again. I think CVW1973 will be riding up from Atascocita with me, and we'll go from there. Looking forward to seeing that Concours in my rear view again!

Bummer that you can't make it, FastLiife! Hopefully next time. We'll get there!

I'm in. I fueled up last night, so I can meet you at your house or Station at Will Clayton.

It's a quick shot out of here to huffman. If its just two of us, we can roll from my house.

Anybody else meeting on Atascocita?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

You guys planning to ride Sunday? I have flag football games tomorrow but trying to put something together for a break on Sunday! Just checking here first..

Great ride today, weather was perfect. Thanks for leading Steve, can't wait to do it again

Great ride today......Thanks for putting it together, Steve.

Good to get to ride again, Jim........Let's all plan on it again soon.

Hopefully Big Bird will be back in the saddle (sheepskin) next time..!

Saturday Morning, Oct 8 Ride... last week, part deux!

Last week was a good ride, and Big Bird did a good job coming up with some of the roads... Unfortunately, we enjoyed it without him. Sooooo...

let's do it again! See Post 675 if you need to see a map, but here's the details!

For those in Atascocita, CVW1973 and I will be meeting at my house, and rolling around the construction, through Huffman, and up to Buster's Brew in New Caney. If you want to join in on that leg, PM me, and I'll get you the vitals... and we'll know to wait for ya!

Leave my house at 7 am, so we can meet up for coffee with any others at Buster's Brew in New Caney at 0730.

KSU from Buster's Brew, New Caney at 0800 (we'll see if we actually leave on time this time...).

The ride combines the back half of Big Bird's route with the start of one of my "around the lake" runs, including 945, 224, 942, through Dallardsville and Votaw, and back around to an optional lunch at the Ranch Hand Cafe in Tarkenton.

about 200 miles, 4 hours, plus stops. I estimate an arrival at the Ranch Hand around 1230. Fuel stop in Livingston, so it's split up into 2 100-mile segments.

Are we ready to ride???? Cooler temps and maybe even clear skies appear to be in the forecast!!!

Yep... we need to ride tomorrow.

I need to get big bird back to town by noon...

A meet at flying j at 730 and KSU at 0800?

I'll put a ride together that should return us to flying j by 1130.

Sound good?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

OK... it sounds like it's set!

meet at the flying J, at 59/69 and 242, 0730

KSU at 0800... I plan on meeting the departure time for once here... don't be late!

about 3 hours, one of the "around the lake" runs, with fuel stop and break (30 minutes) at the Alabama Coushatta Smoke Shop on 190.

map attached. Lets' ride!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 122
OK... not a bad ride today, and we actually did it on schedule! pulled out of Flying J right at 0800, and back to the 242 exit about 1133... not bad!

I modified the stops and we pulled in for fuel in Onalaska... some of the fog burned off during that stop, so the back half was pretty decent... the first part... FOG!

In spite of the fog, a good ride...

TJ29607 and Big Bird... another good ride.. Thanks, guys!

Hopefully my time drain from the consulting mess and school will cut back a bit and I can get more consistent on these!

Once we got past the fog I really started enjoying it, riding with the face shield up sucked. Thanks Steve for putting it together and leading the ride.

Saturday 11-12 Butt Burner Ride

OK, guys, I've been wanting to do this for awhile, and I'm thinking it's tomorrow.

There is one international boundary marker within the continential US, and it's located just north of Logansport, LA, at the Republic of Texas and US / Louisiana line. I think I need a picture.

But... I don't want to slab it up there, either, so we'll catch all the curves we can along the way, and still get back before it's really dark. That means leaving early... O'Dark Thirty to some...

There are some really nice curves up around San Augustine and Newton... we'll catch some!

Here are the details:

Total Miles: 481
Ride time: 9 hours
Stops in:
Kountze for Breakfast and fuel
Milam for fuel
At the Republic of Texas Marker
San Augustine for fuel
Colmesneil for a late lunch and fuel
Alabama / Coushatta Smoke Shop for fuel
Total Stop Time, ~ 4 hours.
Estimated Total Time: 13 hours

Leave from the Chevron at Will Clayton and West Lake Houston Pkwy, Atascocita

KSU at 5:30 am

Breakfast at Mama Jack's in Kountze at 7:00 am

Lunch in Colmesneil at the Texas Star Cafe, about 2:30 pm

Back to Atascocita at about 6:30 pm

Pace will be a mildly spirited Sport-Touring pace.

Takers???

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 117
Sounds like a good day. Tomorrow doesn't work for me though, I'll be at Rio Bravo for AHRMA races and Old School Reunion. You guys have fun!

_

Back