• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold - For sale 2003 KLX400E street legal Houston

52_42

Reaction score
2003 Kawasaki KLX400, same bike as Suzuki DRZ400E. This was my "project bike". I bought the off road version, and then street legalized it with blinkers, brake lights, horn, mirror, DOT legal tires etc. Very fun bike and ideal for hill country gravel roads. Bought it 5 years ago, converted it over 2 winters and then used it 3 times for weekend hill country rides. Bike did 1700 miles with me and was pretty fresh when I got it - I don't think it's done much more than that altogether. Would love to keep but my employer is shipping me out of country and I have no space in my container for my bikes.

Clean title. Price is $2200 fixed.

image_zpslykvnrek.jpg

image_zpsgpeqi2bi.jpg

image_zpsyddhg8ax.jpg

image_zpsp2ypdacc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: For sale 2003 KLX400E street legal Houston

This is a great light weight reliable dual sport bike. I´ve been riding 45+years with something like 25 different motorcycles along the way and this is the only moto I have bought twice.

I like to call these the DR-Green. Yet another bike on TWT that I wish I was in a spot to buy.

Raise the price to $2600, you can get it, DRZ's and the KLX version are one of the most dependable DS bikes around. :trust:

trainman

Bike is in west part of town (i10 & tx6). Also got some PMs asking about mods: the cable boom is from the DRZ400S (I have the original E one as well), I have grip warmers on the bike and the rear sprocket is 39 tooth (I have the original as well). Other than that, the bike is stock.

I like to call these the DR-Green. Yet another bike on TWT that I wish I was in a spot to buy.

I know how you feel! Once my kid is out of the house. 4 more months! I'll start looking. I'm fighting against pulling the cash for this, but I need to pay off my cc first.:giveup:

Anybody coming to Utah soon and have extra room to transport this bike? I'd certainly consider buying it. I would help offset some transportation costs.

Greg Timko (972) 672-4740 (801) 590-9264

Anybody coming to Utah soon and have extra room to transport this bike? I'd certainly consider buying it. I would help offset some transportation costs.

Greg Timko (972) 672-4740 (801) 590-9264

Well Dang. I was just up in Heber City on a bike trip. I did not realize we had members in Salt Lake City area! You have a LOT of amazing DS riding out there!! :thumb:

Hi Scott:

I used to live in Carrollton- moved to SLC two years ago.

Lot's of good riding up here. I'm just starting to do some exploring.

Greg

All, bike has been sold.

As a parting gift to be forum I have donated 100 bucks of the proceeds to forum maintenance.

I'll be selling my 2003 BMW R1150R later this week once I have given it a good wash. 27k miles with some minor imperfections, price 3900. Will post separately.

:sun:I will start a list of those who wish for me to leave them this bike in my will. That is the next time it will be available!!! Thirteen years old and looks like new. I am now on the road again.
52_42 did a fantastic job with the conversion. I will have George Thorogood's "Bad to the Bone" in my mind every mile I ride! Thanks Darren, best wishes to You and Family in your travels. Cheers, Rick.

:sun:I will start a list of those who wish for me to leave them this bike in my will. That is the next time it will be available!!! Thirteen years old and looks like new. I am now on the road again.
52_42 did a fantastic job with the conversion. I will have George Thorogood's "Bad to the Bone" in my mind every mile I ride! Thanks Darren, best wishes to You and Family in your travels. Cheers, Rick.

Awesome! I'm glad I remembered it when we were talking. I hope you have many great adventures on it... soon! ;-)

Back