• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Just joined

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mostue
Hi, My name is Bob, I am a retired helicopter pilot. Long time biker (since 1964) I used to race the Mohave Desert back before I was married but
havent been off road for many years. I was in and finished the first Barstow to Vegas race in 1967. My current goals are to take my DR650 to Big Bend and ride to sort it out and get back in the dirt mind set. I have been riding a HD 883/1200R latley. After Big Bend I want to take on the passes in Colorado.
Black Bear etc. Anyone interested to ride along please rsvp.
Cheers.
Bob

:welcome: Welcome. What kind of helo/s? Army type stuff? There are lots of DS folks here. Are you willing to do pie research?:eat:

Howdy Bob!

Wherebouts is Spicewood?

LOTS of dualsport riders here :thumb: Keep an eye on the DS section as there are rides being planned all the time.

Welcome to the site!

chopperbob said:
Hi, My name is Bob, I am a retired helicopter pilot. Long time biker (since 1964) I used to race the Mohave Desert back before I was married but
havent been off road for many years. I was in and finished the first Barstow to Vegas race in 1967. My current goals are to take my DR650 to Big Bend and ride to sort it out and get back in the dirt mind set. I have been riding a HD 883/1200R latley. After Big Bend I want to take on the passes in Colorado.
Black Bear etc. Anyone interested to ride along please rsvp.
Cheers.
Bob

Well, there's a ride I didn't get to finish in Big Bend back in December that I keep telling myself I'm going to go back and do. I have no idea when I'm going to find the time to do it, but keep me posted on when you think you might go. I'm more of a site seer on these rides, but competent on the dirt.

As far as Colorado, we do a family reunion thing in Ouray every summer. This year we will be later in July. If you think you will be in that area during that time frame, we will need to trade cell phone numbers and travel info so we can hook up. I ride up there all over with my brother in laws.

Would like to make Big Bend sometime this spring. Maby Spring Break.
Stay at the RV park at Study Butte and ride into the park from there.
I need to get out of town more often. The wife likes to travel too.
My truck runs on WVO so it does my tight nature good to travel. Ha Ha?
Spicewood is on Lake Travis. I ride all over the Hill Country with my Harley but am looking forward to a DS ride somewhere. cell# 512.517.3766
Bob

Hey ChopperBob (not the kind of chopper I was thinkin). Welcome to TWTex. Gotta invite you to our Every Other Tuesday night get together.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?p=91789#post91789

Tomorrow its Rudys on FM620 by FM2222. Hope you can make it out. Love them Harleys man. As was said, a lot of people here like to get offroad. You should find plenty of company there.

I was with the Tx Guard on UH1H and OH58 as crew (during peace time thank God). Man I loved it when the pilots would NOE. Hated the AH-64 since I couldn't get a ride. :mrgreen:

David

:tab As a youngster in the early 70's, we lived in Copperas Cove, just outside Ft. Hood. I remember being out in the boonies exploring with my buddies when the choppers would come over doing the NOE and it scared the little poo out of us! When the big Chnooks came over, it felt like we were being pounded into the dirt from the blade concussion! Needless to say, experiences like that make a big impression on kids from 5-9 years old ;-) During our explorations, we'd often find rusted old chains of live .50 cal in the fields, empty ammo cans, expended tank shells, and all other sorts of stuff. Dad usually took the ammo away from us, hehe. Hood was a hoping place back then!

Welcome to the site. Have ridden the Big Bend area a couple of times now, including a few weeks ago. Love it out there. Will probably be up for another DS ride out there this spring.

Don

Back