• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shoei X-11??

Reaction score
Anybody ridden with the Shoei X-11? Any opinions? I'm also looking at the Arai Quantrum II. Both fit me very well. More $$ for the Shoei but also looks like more features.
That's a lot of moola to make the wrong choice....:shock:

I have the X-11 and love it. It just fits my noggin better than any other helmet. Add high quality, removable liner, easy change visors, average wind noise and decent venting, you end up with a fantastic helmet. I paid about $400 delivered (solid yellow) from Helmet Harbor.

SPECIAL Because of MAP restrictions, please call for our current in-store price 1-866-221-9093.

I didn't care for the fit of the RF-1000 or the lack of removable liner, and Arai lost me a few years ago with the dealer only scheme.

Last edited:
I use the X-11 on my Boxercup but use a flip up Nolan for touring on the Trophy. The X-11 is much quieter, light weight and has the best venting for a full face which is important with our climate.

The only issue I have with it is not being able to fit speakers for my autocom. I use earbuds on the X-11 and speakers with the Nolan.

Another vote for the X11 and Helmet Harbor. Best lid out there. I haven't found an Arai that I liked (could get on) yet.

I'm curious, why can't you fit speakers?

I've got speakers in my TZ-R, the wires don't tuck in as nicely as they did on the AC-11 I had before, but thats the lack of removable liner.

I've avoided picking up the X-11 too much as I'm afraid I'll decide I just HAVE to have one, and then my wallet would rebel :wary:

Thanks for the info guys. The X-11 is looking better and better.
Thanks for the tip about the price from Helmet House, Kurt. That beats the Cycle Gear price even with a discount.

I've had one for a while now, it's a good helmet. Great visor system (can change visors with helmet on) and great venting IMO.

I don't find it all that quiet, but noise depends a lot on the bike and airflow around your head.

Expensive, but a nice helmet.

P-Ratt said:
Another vote for the X11 and Helmet Harbor. Best lid out there. I haven't found an Arai that I liked (could get on) yet.

The guys are Helmet Harbor are good guys. I haven't bought anything from the yet, but when I visited their brick and mortar store in Tempe they were knowledgeable and friendly. And free shipping and no sales tax on helmets!

Lee

I have an X-11 that I like and I also have a Shark that I love. Was thinking about selling the Shoei since I don't ride with it much anymore. Its a Rainey edition in L and I have a chrome shield as well as the OEM (with a few scratches).

PM me if interested.

I have an X-11, size Small, that I bought back in April '03 for my wife or kid to ride behind with. That didn't work out :(. They don't have an opinion about it. It's only been used about 3-4 times for no more than 20 minutes per use, and it's got an Autocom headset installed. I might be amenable to selling it; PM me if you think the size is right.

I wore a Shoei Z-II for a number of years and liked it a lot, though it was pretty noisy. I recently got a Arai Astral-X, which I really like, a bit more even than the Shoei, although the Shoei shields seemed more scratch resistant than the Arai's. :shrug:

Well, I was hoping for a $400 deal from Helmet Harbor but the delivered price is $469 now - Shoei has had a couple of price increases.

Jeff, I wear a size small, but thanks.

Paul, I'm tempted to save $ and inquire about your helmet but I'd better stick with something newer than '03.

Hmm, time to rethink everyone's Christmas gifts so I can fit my helmet purchase in to the budget;-). I sold my R-1000 today so that helps a little.

Moved to the X11 from Arai last year. For my head, the fit is much better. Quiestest helmet I've ever had regardless of the bike (mine and all the others I've ridden since then). Feels lighest too.

YMMV, but well worth the Cycle Gear price I paid. IMHO... :)

Sprocket said:
Quiestest helmet I've ever had regardless of the bike (mine and all the others I've ridden since then). Feels lighest too.

Wow, that really surprises me. I absolutely love my X-11 for its weight (or lack of) and ventilation, but compared to my RF-800 it is screaming loud. I always wear ear plugs if I ride above 40mph anyway so it really doesn't bother me.

Skid

Read webbikeworld.com helmet reviews on helmets & noise. Summary: high frequency noise is generally helmet-caused (ventilation, protrusions); low frequency rumble is windshield / fairing vs. rider posture & height.

Based on their review of the X-11, I bought one. Have no desire to wear my Arai anymore.

Since I used CG for fitting, I bought from them w/ a 20% off coupon.

Last edited:
Back