• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Your first motorcycle.

First motorcycle I ever rode was a friends Suzuki 80 street bike.
First motorcycle I "owned by the day" was a Hodaka Ace 90 rental from the local gas station. Rode one every weekend the summer I turned 15.
First motorcycle in my garage every night was a '68 Honda CB350. I lived in San Antonio and rode 360 days a year. :rider:

Mine was a 1965 305 Honda Dream ( the grey ghost ) I loved that bike sorry no picture of it. But that is the bike I learned on.

donroger1 said:
First motorcycle I ever rode was a friends Suzuki 80 street bike.

First motorized bike I rode was my neighbors Rupp minibike. Lasted about 30 seconds before I did the panic throttle on crash into the bushes. That was the last time he let me on the Rupp.

Oddly, a few years later same neighbor let me ride his Honda Trail 70. I did fine and rode it often.

First bike with a clutch was same neighbors Honda XR75. I did fine and road it often.

First bike with disc brakes was same neighbors Honda CB750. I did fine on that and road it often.

This guy was nicer than I am with my bikes.

Voltar said:
First motorized bike I rode was my neighbors Rupp minibike. Lasted about 30 seconds before I did the panic throttle on crash into the bushes. That was the last time he let me on the Rupp.

Oddly, a few years later same neighbor let me ride his Honda Trail 70. I did fine and rode it often.

First bike with a clutch was same neighbors Honda XR75. I did fine and road it often.

First bike with disc brakes was same neighbors Honda CB750. I did fine on that and road it often.

This guy was nicer than I am with my bikes.
:tab I want to live next to this guy.......:mrgreen:

I started when I was 7-8 on a 1973 Honda Trail 50. Then over many years to an XR80, YZ100, KX125, KX250, now a GSXR750.

The 1st motorized 2 wheeler I rode was my friend Matt's minibike from the local auto parts store. He was 4 and I was 5.

My first bike, if you can call it that was one of these:

M31.jpg

It had knobbie tires and I rode it all over the place.

Second bike was one of these:

dirtsquirt2.jpg

My first was a 1951 Harley Davidson 125. It was well used by the time I got it. The charging system was never really right, but it was what I learned to ride on. It was lot heavier that the Honda 50s that came out a couple of years later, but probably didn't have much more horsepower. My buddy had a Sears (Puch) 125 and we would ride the desert on these powerhouses. By the way, my Harley had a rigid frame, but real forks in front. My folks gave it to me for Christmas when I was 12 and I have been riding ever since. I just never had the desire to own a Harley again.

Pat McDonald

1982 Yamaha Maxim 650

This isn't my actual bike but it looked just like this one. She was a great bike and had only 2K miles on it when I got her. I bought her from a guy in college who needed the money. Paid $1K in 1986 and sold her a couple of years later for the same amount.

Attachments

• 82maxim650.jpg
    82maxim650.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 104
Re: 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650

ksawatsky said:
This isn't my actual bike but it looked just like this one. She was a great bike and had only 2K miles on it when I got her. I bought her from a guy in college who needed the money. Paid $1K in 1986 and sold her a couple of years later for the same amount.
:tab 650 Maxim?

:tab If so, I had a 1982 for several years. (purchased with 1200 miles and sold at 22000)

Duh! I just read the title of your post. Same bike. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Oddly enough, I don't seem to have a picture of my first bike. It was a 1964 Honda 90, white, box frame that I got in the spring of 1968. Kick starter was perpetually boken, so I learned to push start just about as quickly as my buddies could kick theirs. Put about 10K on it in 2.5 years before graduating to a 1968 Honda CB350.

a 2001 Honda CMX 250 Rebel first bike we had in our garage was a 1995 Sportster 1200 evo.

Back