• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Tuesday Breakfast

Cool article. It would be awesome if they could bring it back to Houston like the races in the Astrodome. There were some really good races at a track off of 35 just on the other side of Alvin that had racers coming down from DFW to compete. They had a drawing every race you could pay $1 per entry and 50% went to the riders with the other 50% paid back to the winner of the drawing. I won 2 weeks in a row, getting nearly $180 for $20 worth of tickets. They probably could have gotten a bigger audience if they would have promoted it better; only place they advertised was on Facebook. Fortunately, some folks would post on Motohouston to let all of us non-Facebook people know.

Cool article. It would be awesome if they could bring it back to Houston like the races in the Astrodome. There were some really good races at a track off of 35 just on the other side of Alvin that had racers coming down from DFW to compete. They had a drawing every race you could pay $1 per entry and 50% went to the riders with the other 50% paid back to the winner of the drawing. I won 2 weeks in a row, getting nearly $180 for $20 worth of tickets. They probably could have gotten a bigger audience if they would have promoted it better; only place they advertised was on Facebook. Fortunately, some folks would post on Motohouston to let all of us non-Facebook people know.

That's pretty cool. If it happens again, post up. Some of us might be interested in going. I found the comment about somewhat prophetic how the success of Indian might mean the end of 'flat track', if Harley decides to pull out. Certainly Springfield WAS a Harley showcase. And it was also pretty obvious that Harley wasn't competitive. I guess it is a tongue in cheek joke that Harley couldn't even win in the Harley only races. :uhoh:

I'm probably not the only one confused by Harley's direction. I'm sure their racing effort is suffering as their business is. Fairly obvious they banked on the v-twin craze would last longer than it did. What's even more confusing to me, was the article about their making a bid for Ducati. Seems like they need to get their house straight before taking on a market they have never operated in.

Also, don't know if you heard about my latest, I pulled one of your graceful moves. While out in Concan, I was getting ready to do my first ride and when I got on the bike, the suspension compressed, causing the kickstand hit the ground before I was ready/expecting it to which pitched me over. I was next to my truck and stuck my right arm out to break the fall. The Africa Twin said no, you're going to the ground. Doing so, folded my arm over almost to my left shoulder. Doc thinks I've got a torn rotator cuff and I'll find out how bad this coming Friday. All it did to the AT is knock some powdercoat off of one of the lower crashbars and a little off of the right handguard. I was able to ride the sisters a couple of days later, but it was painful.

Last edited:
Also, don't know if you heard about my latest, I pulled one of your graceful moves. While out in Concan, I was getting ready to do my first ride and when I got on the bike, the suspension compressed, causing the kickstand hit the ground before I was ready/expecting it to which pitched me over. I was next to my truck and stuck my right arm out to break the fall. The Africa Twin said no, you're going to the ground. Doing so, folded my arm over almost to my left shoulder. Doc thinks I've got a torn rotator cuff and I'll find out how bad this coming Friday. All it did to the AT is knock some powdercoat off of one of the lower crashbars and a little off of the right handguard. I was able to ride the sisters a couple of days later, but it was painful.

I am sure there are lot of folks on this thread that will tell you that you should NEVER emulate anything I do. They are probably right. Hope it isn't anything more serious than a little R&R.

Thats not good Jay hope you make a full recovery. Never do what Joe does..lol i heard he has a hard time knowing when to put the kickstand down.

I need to be in League City tomorrow, anyone up for breakfast at Skippers? It has been a while since I have been there.

Good turnout today, it was good to see Paul. John made it out all the way from New Ulm. And Jay was there with his bad pitching arm (he's on the 60 day DL). And of course the usual cast of inmates; Anthony, Jeff, Jim and me. I suspect Chuck is headed "Back to Africa!" and Rob may have some lame excuse about having the work. Ok, it's not really lame, we all appreciate it Rob!

Last edited:
You guys want to do Papa Yolks in Pasadena tomorrow? Don't think y'all have been there in awhile, have you?

I'm out, heading to the Rockies. Chuck the Ancient is off playing with the gorillas :mrgreen:

I'll probably be a little late (10 - 15 minutes).

How about giving the NEW Dots another go tomorrow? Remember, we had trouble with some of our orders last time, but the manager comp'ed our meal. We owe them a second chance, right?

Back