• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Zeus Helmets, Feedback Request

Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Roth
I am in need of a good street helmet, but also, like many of us, am on a tight budget. Zeus Liftech helmets, which is a full face with flip-up chin bar style, seem to be a great value for the price. As my late grandfather used to say, "The advertisements speak highly of them." :trust:

I also need a 3X, so my choices are limited, Zeus has those readily available.

Anyone out there have experience, good or bad, with this brand?

I have had a couple of Zues helmets and never had a problem with them.

I like the Nolan better (a little more expensive) because when you open the flip up it goes further back on your head. The Zues sticks straight out in front of you and makes the helmet feel a little top (front) heavy when open.

If you decide to get it I have a scratched up iridian and a brand new dark smoke shield you are welcome to for the price of postage.

Thanks! Just have to get the approval of the finance department, if you know what I mean. "You already have TWO helmets, how many can you wear at one time?":scott:

I paid $100 for one I bought at the cycleworld show in Dallas a few years ago...probably 5, I'm still using it. I've definitely gotten my $$ worth out if it. The ability to get a blast of fresh air on a hot day is definitely worth it

The visor doesn't ratchet. That's my biggest complaint. Open or closed... no in between.

Higher $$ dollar helmets have more features, but I liked mine. When it came time to replace it though, I went back to my usual brand... an AGV. It is also a flip face, has a ratcheting shield, a more secure METAL latch, and was only about $50 more expensive.

Thanks, Chris,

One concern I had was the plastic locking mechanism. Must not be a problem if it was still working after 5 years!

Danny

I just got my Zeus in. Got a brand new one of last year's 508W model for less than $50 on eBay! I can't believe it's as light as it is. Will see how it "sounds" at 70 MPH after I wrap up a few token "honey dos" and the need for fresh air becomes overwhelming.

I bought a white one with the intention of having my daughter paint a TX flag design on it like the TWT logo. But, the helmet's owner's manual specifically states, along with the warnings about using inapropriate cleaning agents, "Paint or adhesive decals should not be applied to the surface."

Do any of you know what this is all about? :-? I am planning on wearing this device in East Texas, home of the aptly named "Love Bugs", that generate a substance:puke:, upon demise, that is more noxious than any chemical cleanser produced by man!

I don't see how airbrushed enamel paints could possibly hurt it. That's a weird one. OTOH a big nasty sticky decal might not be a good idea. Maybe someone with custom painting experience will drop by.

All helmets say that. I think it is a liability thing. They are worried your second coat of paint may hide a flaw that would otherwise be evident enough to alert you it's time to relace the helmet.

yeah, I read somewhere that "love bugs" are 85% acid.

I've got a five year old Zeuss, and yes I really should replace it. It's been a fine helmet. The only quibble I have is that it fogs really bad with the shield closed. But mostly I ride with it open, so that's only an issue in the rain.

I have difficulty finding helmets I can wear for a long time because I'm an extreme watermelon head. Most helmets are designed for basketballs for some reason. And I am too cheap to spring for a Shoei, even if they DID make fliplids. The Zeuss is a mild watermelon. With a couple of foam pads shoved in the sides to take up the loose space it fits my 7 3/8 long oval very comfortably without the usual red spot on the forehead from the helmet only touching me in two places, front and back. If you're a basketball head you probably won't like it. Buy a Nolan.

Why, oh WHY don't they make helmets in HAT SIZES!?

Revill

Back