• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A-B-C Towns (in order) Pic Game

Voltar

Reaction score
OK, here is the game.... Give you an excuse to ride to BFE, Texas.

1st: You have to go in order; A, then B, then, C then D, etc....

2nd: Take a pic of your bike in front of a city limit sign that starts with the correct letter. The bike has to be in the pic.

Since I'm first I will post an "A" town (Andice, Texas). The next pic should be a "B" town. You know, a town that starts with the letter "B".

3rd: After we get to "Z" (if we ever get to "Z") we start over.

I dunno, maybe this idea is stupid and the thread will die with "Andice".

111626189_4c6827e649_o.jpg

So, would each of us contribute to this thread or would we need to start our own and each person starts at "A"?

wczimmerman said:
So, would each of us contribute to this thread or would we need to start our own and each person starts at "A"?

No. Maybe I should have been more clear.

See, the next person posts a pic of a town that starts with "B". Then someother person post a "C". Then a "D".

Clear as mud??

So we should be waiting for somebody (anybody) to post a pic now of a "B" town; like Bowling, Texas...

Get it?

Voltar

Another spin on this would be to have folks take pics of their bikes in front of the FM signs in order. I know where number One is ;-)

I would recommend small "towns" only - like Austin and Arlington would be too big for the "A"...

Hopefully, there would be less traffic in and out of the smaller towns when stopped for the photo.

Just my
2cents.gif

Tourmeister said:
As much as I used to ride.... :tears:

hehehehe :rofl: I knew you'd eat your words to me about my riding time. It's only going to get worse.

Larry Johnson,
Grapevine, TX
'02 VFR800

Well, I still get to ride to work... for now... :wary:

alright so who's got 'B' ??

I don't have any city limit sign pics :(

Gilk51 said:
I would recommend small "towns" only - like Austin and Arlington would be too big for the "A"...

Hopefully, there would be less traffic in and out of the smaller towns when stopped for the photo.

Just my
2cents.gif

This sounds like fun, but we need to get the ground rules set. Like the above suggestion on town size, what qualifies as a small town?

Good ideal. How about this? The town has to be so small that it does not list it's population on the sign. Most smaller towns just have a sign that says "Andice". Larger towns usually have "POP. XXXXX"

So here is my new the guidelines. Small town sign. No Population data on the sign. Go in alphabetical order.

That puts us all still waiting for a "B".

And we're off....

Voltar

wczimmerman said:
This sounds like fun, but we need to get the ground rules set. Like the above suggestion on town size, what qualifies as a small town?

Population under 1,000 or none listed would be a good definition of a "small town". Just a suggestion....

wczimmerman said:
Can you see the other side of town! You can count all the stop lights on one hand (if there are any present) If tractors out number cars:lol2:

Voltar said:
Good ideal. How about this? The town has to be so small that it does not list it's population on the sign. Most smaller towns just have a sign that says "Andice". Larger towns usually have "POP. XXXXX"

So here is my new the guidelines. Small town sign. No Population data on the sign. Go in alphabetical order.

That puts us all still waiting for a "B".

And we're off....

Voltar

Hmmm...what is the minimum population size to qualify for population data to be posted on the sign?

My dad on the way back from our Blue Ridge Parkway trip two years ago.

Our last name is Bell so obviously we had to stop.... :mrgreen:

8793114-M.jpg

Hey, was that "Bells" in Texas, or does it matter? Seems to meet the criteria as far as I'm concerned... :mrgreen:

No need to file a protest or call out the lawyers yet... :roll:

I think it was. I seem to remember going through there a little while after getting back into Texas on the way home. :ponder: :scratch:

I'd say any bike. It doesn't even have to be yours as long as it's a picture you took or it's from a trip you were on. Just my 2 cents....

CycleCat said:
I think it was. I seem to remember going through there a little while after getting back into Texas on the way home. :ponder: :scratch:

Yeah, Bells is in Texas. Very near Sherman and Bonham.

Back