• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from Tornado Alley!

Reaction score
Hiya folks, got referred here from Big Bike World. Seems like a killer thing you got goin' here.

I have a 94 ZX-11 that is my first bike. 4 days on it...what a thrill!

I would post a pic, but I'm sure everyone knows what they look like, and mine isn't exactly unique. Plannin on a lil paint, and a lil spitshine, and then I'll let the curtain up.

I'd be interested to hear some tricks n' tips on the ZXD. I'm sure I'll need all the advice I can get!

At any rate, just wanted to introduce myself, and say I look forward to hearin the tales!

Hey There Supertex I'm here from big bike world too. Nice bike! I have a '92 maybe we'll meet up some time. Until then keep it between the stripes! :chug:

Mine is black...at least for now. Gonna spend some time gettin the details of it the way I want it before I make a move on any new paint.

First, I think, is going to be a new set of Battlax's...anyone here tried out the BT014's yet? I don't really care a whole lot about the longevity factor right now. I want the confidence of knowing that the tires are going to stick...at least until I become more comfortable with the bike. I don't think I need a race compound, but I definitely want a soft, grippy one that will also take a wet street well (God forbid).

I've heard good things about Metezler too, but most people seem to prefer either the Battlax, or the Dunlop 208 from what I have been told.

Care to add a name to my confusion?

Howdy Supertex and Follow Me,

:tab Welcome to the site. Who did you hear about us from? I'm not familiar with the site you mentioned.

:tab I really like the Metzler M1 Sporttecs. They have excellent grip, wet or dry and they heat up quickly. Of course, if you are really hauling in the wet... well...

:tab If you really want to get comfortable with your bike, I highly recommend you head to the track for one of the many trackdays. This is the perfect place to explore your's and the bike's abilities. You don't race, you just ride and let the instructors work with you. It will do wonders for your confidence in handling the bike and help you relax when you are on the bike.

:tab Pushing it on the street can be ugly, especially a road like LCR ;-) Then there are the roads we just road in Colorado that have no guard rail and air cushioned run offs... as in nothing but air if you run off :eek: At least until you reach the bottom of the ravine or cliff!! :-P

Adios,

Back