• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Santa Fe, TX here...

Tom

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lowry
Howdy, Tom here. Nice site. I put around 15k/year on my 02 GL1800 (haven't seen any mention of one yet) mostly around the Hill Country and Big Bend area. The SO rides with me a lot and I pull a trailer some. I am looking at a second bike which will be a R1200GS for my solo riding. It looks like a few GS'ers on the site and I look foward to future posts on back road riding.

buck000, nice videos! I've seen almost all of those roads through the windshield of the GL, heck I think I might have seen myself in one of them.

Ride more; Ride more often.

Tom

Howdy Tom,

:tab If you get that 1200GS, you are not welcome to come to my house! I cannot afford one of those and seeing one in person may put me over the edge :-P

:tab Seriously though, welcome to the sight. We have a few Goldwingers here.

Here's Buddy on our last trip to Arkansas!

I ride an R1150GS that seems to gravitate towards messy roads for some reason... I know you are a long haul from Huntsville, but we have some nice backroads up here in all the National Forests. As a matter of fact, we are doing a ride this coming weekend.

July 10 ride

If you have been looking at the GS over at Gulfcoast Cycles in Pasadena, be sure to look it over carefully before taking delivery. I was sitting on it a few weeks back and there were some scratches on the tank and fairings from shipping. If you did not mind some scratches, it might be a good way to dicker down the price a bit ;-)

Adios,

Hi Scott,

I do get up in your neck of the woods, I have a small place up by Lake Livingston and go up there to fish and ride from time to time. I'll make sure the GS is good and dirty before showing up at your place hehe.

Your buddy's bike looks like mind, black. The wife and I was up in Arkansas in April and had one great 1800 mile ride.

I was just getting ready to call GCM to see what delivery schedules are looking like.

Tom

Back