• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to the site...

K

kevinmcdade

Hello all!!! I am new to the site but not new to riding. I live in Frisco, TX, which is just north of Dallas. I currently ride alone but am looking for a group to ride with. I am currently recovering from a motorcycle accident (a cage pulled out in front of me) that occurred 2 months ago. I have only gotten into the saddle of my new bike one time but should be back to riding regularly in another week or so. I prefer to ride with a more mature group that is out to have fun and enjoy the twisties.

If anyone is in my area and want to ride sometime, please let me know. I am really itching to hit hwy 4.

Howdy Kevin,

:tab Welcome to the site. Glad you found it. Bummer about the accident, but glad to hear you will be able to keep riding. There are a ton of DFW area members here, they are just a little shy and don't speak up too often ;-) I even hear rumors that they ocassionally ride their bikes :-P

Adios,

Thanks, Tourmeister!!! There are alot of bikers in dallas but it seems like every group I run across likes to ride down the highway on one wheel :roll: Hopefully I run across the right group soon especially now that I have a bike that I can do more miles on...my previous two bikes were R6's. If you have any contacts in this area, please let me know.

Hi Kevin

Welcome!

I live in Arlington and ride most every weekend (when it is not raining). The Honda Sport Touring Association (HSTA) has a group ride every other Sunday. Charlie Wood and Wilber Simpson send email to annouince the next ride. All are welcome. Send Charlie an email to be put on the group list. Most of the rides start in Arlington with kickstands up by 8:30.

CWood94679@aol.com

I hope to be doing some East Texas rides with Tourmeister soon. I will trailer down to Huntsville and back and have room for two bikes if your interested.

Again Welcome

Thanks Wasabi. I have sent Charlie an email and have been added to the mailing list. I am still breaking in the new ride so I'm not sure if I will be able to make this weekend's ride. I should be finished with break in by the 4th Sunday ride.

Yup I went out with the HSTA guys once, Seems the regulars ride a pretty good clip, but not all of them. And they do stop and wait at every turn for the folks that ride a slower pace.

Nice bunch of guys though, I may make it out this Sunday, I have a party Saturday afternoon to go to, and the Sunday morning ride will depend on Saturday nights pollution level. :)

Back