• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New

dReed

Reaction score
Hey, all! New to riding and might be moving to Houston before the end of the year. Currently riding this Kawasaki Ninja 250 and plan to get another bike when I moved there. Looks a great community, I'll be lurking around.

Hey, all! New to riding and might be moving to Houston before the end of the year. Currently riding this Kawasaki Ninja 250 and plan to get another bike when I moved there. Looks a great community, I'll be lurking around.
Welcome! :sun:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Where are you now? Any idea what part of Houston you will be moving to? Most of the decent riding is Northwest and North of Houston. So if you end up anywhere on the South side you are going to have to do some serious riding to get clear of everything before you can start enjoying the ride.

A dual sport would be a good choice for Pasadena ;-) Lots of traffic, so being up high makes you easier to see for other drivers and easier for you to see what is going on around you. Then there is the issue of bumpy roads and broken pavement... but that's true in most any urban area :shrug:

Any thoughts yet on what your next bike might be?

Welcome to Houston !

Where are you coming from? I think you will like Houston, lots of great food, fabulous folks, and a vibrant motorcycle community (despite the unfortunate geography)!

Your 250 is a great bike, but like Scott says a dual sport is well sorted for local riding. If you want to go somewhere outside of Houston, get a big bike so you can get to the good riding without wearing yourself out.

Dave/

Hello, welcome. I'm in clear lake just south of pasadena. Let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome to Houston. Make sure you have a your waders packed and ready access to a boat or lifted truck to evacuate next rain event :rofl:

V-strom 650 makes a great bike to scoot around Houston and surrounding areas plus it's a great platform for luggage to commute or travel. :rider:

Welcome from central Texas. What are you thinking of getting when you arrive? Are you planning on keeping the Ninja also as a stablemate? KP

Hey, guys! Currently at GA and I might sell the bike here and get a new bike there. A dual sports bike sounds like a great idea.

Back