• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy all

Soly

Reaction score
Hello from Arlington! I just got my license last September, and bought my first bike in December so I'm a complete newbie. Looking forward to some good times on the site and some even better times on two wheels. Be seeing ya soon.

We don't believe you without pictures :-)

Seriously - welcome aboard, spill the beans...

I forgot to mention I have no pics of it yet, but I will post something as soon as I do.

I should probably start a new thread for this question, but I'll try here first. Does anyone have any advice or tips when it comes to getting a texas title for a bike bought out of state?

I forgot to mention I have no pics of it yet, but I will post something as soon as I do.

I should probably start a new thread for this question, but I'll try here first. Does anyone have any advice or tips when it comes to getting a texas title for a bike bought out of state?

just did that, last week

alls you gots to do is:

have the seller fill out the appropriate portions of form 130-U, application for Texas title(can be had from any tax office or on line, on the Texas Department of Transportation web site)

take the vehicle to the inspection station & have it inspected, including a "green sheet"

take the notarized title, from the issuing state(if that state requires their titles to be notarized at the time of release/sale), the completed form 130-U & the "green sheet" to your local(i believe you are required to do this in the county of your residence) tax/title office

pay your money & pick up your new tags...

post some pics

& :welcome: to TWT

shiny side up

Welcome to TWT. There are lots of friendly folks in Arlington. If you see a bright red VStrom along Green Oaks, anywhere between Cooper and I-20, it's probably me.

Howdy, fellow A-towner.

Where abouts are you? I am over at Green Oaks and Arkansas.

Watch for weekly Tarrant County events - Friday nights (tonight) in NRH for burgers and ice cream. Tuesday nights at differen spots - new thread each week. Also Saturday breakfast at Blue Hangar at NW Regional Airport.

and then there are the monthly Pie Runs. :trust:

Wait! what are you riding? As mentioned, we don't believe anything without pictures!

As promised...

BikeLeft.jpg

BikeRight.jpg

Back