• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New guy in DFW area...

Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Hello everyone, my name's "shipman" (actually that's my last name), and I have a motorcycle problem... :)

Anyway, I found this place through ADVrider. It was one of the only places on the web with info on my bike, a 2011 Suzuki TU250x. So, I lurked around in the 300+ pages of that post for a while before introducing myself and then learned of this site as well. I'm a new rider, never had much exposure to motorcycles as I don't really know anyone else who rides (and still don't!). But, I bought my TU250 in late September after getting my M endorsement and have ridden every day since (it's my only transportation, but I'd still ride everyday even if I had another vehicle). I liked the bikes classic looks (and affordable price). I'm a less is more kind of guy, so it's the perfect bike for me.

I look forward to attending some meet-ups and group rides in the near future. My wife and daughter and I just moved into an apt in Bedford to save money, so now that the move is behind us i'll have more time to do stuff.

I also enjoy live music, so I try to split my limited free time between riding and going to shows.

Anyway, that was long-winded enough. Thanks for having me. Now, it's time for me to attempt to attach a pic... :)

Welcome.
Those are neat lil' bikes.

I started riding late in life and I commute to work on mine a couple times a week.

as I don't really know anyone else who rides (and still don't!).

:welcome: fellow mid-cities guy

OK, watch for Tarrant County events on Tuesdays and Fridays.

This Saturday is the monthly Pie Run. Destination is Hico. :rider::eat::rider:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...

Since I never posted a pic of my bike, I'm going to include one I took this afternoon for the ADVrider "DFW Tag-O-Rama" thread:

photo1nd.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed the pie run to Hico this morning- wish I could've participated! Maybe next time.

I did my refresher MSF on a TU, nice little bike & I was the only one on the course smart enough to pick the EFI bike.

Welcome Shipman from another Bedford rider. Just saw your post and welcome ya to go ride with us!

Dano
Sent from my HTC Jetstream using TapaTalk.

Welcome to the forum! Since you are a less is more kind of guy I see a KLR in your future. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

TTR

Good to meet you too, Dave! I'll make it to whatever meets I can, I had fun talking bikes, etc with you guys...

And yeah, a KLR would be right up my alley! A dual sport is definitely next... Just have to convince my accountant, er I mean wife! :rofl:

Welcome to the group from a fellow newbie. I am not far from you, so anytime your up for a ride or anything else, I am always game :D

Welcome to the forum! Since you are a less is more kind of guy I see a KLR in your future. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

TTR
I thought that is how KLRs were built, via assimilation. :cool:

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Back