• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

new here but old on two wheels

Reaction score
Hi, I'm originally from Argentine, i mention this at first because of my spelling... jeh.
well i'm looking g to find some rides off/road or kinda , i own a ktm950 adventure ,and a Harley v-rod, that i not use very often.
i could not find anything fun around here to got some dirt with my ktm.
i have a friend with a gs 1200 and he is looking the same. but he is not a computer guy so i'm speakinfor him.
I have plans to go: http://texasadventure.net/events/texas-adventure-ride. but also i would like start doing more riding close to home, i live right behind dfw airport..see you around!

PA160291.jpg

317210_2135722389391_1136032575_31998714_1142309840_a.jpg

312205_2135723789426_1136032575_31998717_1378617674_a.jpg

src="http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d174/lalispeed/310765_2135720589346_1136032575_31998709_290556526_n.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
310765_2135720589346_1136032575_31998709_290556526_n.jpg

P6080006.jpg

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Not much in the way of exciting DS riding in the DFW area. Mostly it is just county roads, paved and unpaved. Not muhc you could not drive a typical car down.

However... if you head up into NW Arkansas... You have everything from easy forest service roads to hard core ATV trails and full blown off road trails for dirt bikes and ATVs. Also, LOTS of fantastic paved riding!!

There is some relatively nice stuff South & Southwest of Fort Worth. Pretty rolling country with dirt roads. There are some slick water crossings.

Further away you can head to the Texas Hill Country, that is all out near Kerrville/Fredericksburg/Junction off of I-10. Famous twisty roads are FMs 335, 336, and 337 West of Kerrville.

If you keep heading West, there is the Big Bend area. This has some good street riding that will keep you busy for 3-4 days. The national park has dirt roads with lots of deep sand, river gravel, some easy gravel roads and a few challenging spots. Big Bend Ranch State Park (West of the National Park), has some very technical stuff that you probably would not want to do on a big bike like the 950 or a 1200 GS. You can do it on a KLR 650, but it is a LOT more fun on something smaller like my KTM 530.

You can also head Southeast of DFW into East Texas. LOTS of sand! Endless miles of dirt roads wandering the countryside.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Not much in the way of exciting DS riding in the DFW area. Mostly it is just county roads, paved and unpaved. Not muhc you could not drive a typical car down.

However... if you head up into NW Arkansas... You have everything from easy forest service roads to hard core ATV trails and full blown off road trails for dirt bikes and ATVs. Also, LOTS of fantastic paved riding!!

There is some relatively nice stuff South & Southwest of Fort Worth. Pretty rolling country with dirt roads. There are some slick water crossings.

Further away you can head to the Texas Hill Country, that is all out near Kerrville/Fredericksburg/Junction off of I-10. Famous twisty roads are FMs 335, 336, and 337 West of Kerrville.

If you keep heading West, there is the Big Bend area. This has some good street riding that will keep you busy for 3-4 days. The national park has dirt roads with lots of deep sand, river gravel, some easy gravel roads and a few challenging spots. Big Bend Ranch State Park (West of the National Park), has some very technical stuff that you probably would not want to do on a big bike like the 950 or a 1200 GS. You can do it on a KLR 650, but it is a LOT more fun on something smaller like my KTM 530.

You can also head Southeast of DFW into East Texas. LOTS of sand! Endless miles of dirt roads wandering the countryside.

thanks!!!thanks for the tips!! hard to leave more that a weekend . for my job but i'm looking forward to star getting some dust! i went to possum kingdom and i do have fun ,but pretty much on asphalt

Hola and welcome. Hope to see you around. Check out the upcoming rides section, Tarrant county meets up once a week. Nos vemos.

Welcome to Texas. I was just in Argentina on a photo. shoot. Went to Torres del Paine NP and Perito Moreno Glacier. You should love Texas as we have great steaks just like your country. We also have almost 80,000 miles of road. Get out and explore, it is an awesome state, with a huge amount of diversity, like Argentina.

Buenas dias, y'all....

i love that much that already got married ,bought a home , and put a three on my backyard i just need to write a book and...... Jeh well ye love Texas and love my country to but not easy to live in > my last rip was to possum kingdom and got a little nice road don't remember think it was 67 or something like that. forward to doing this more often.

:welcome:

As mentioned, look to the Upcoming Events section for 'stuff' to do. We have a large membership group up in your area with lots of experience to draw on.

:welcome:

As mentioned, look to the Upcoming Events section for 'stuff' to do. We have a large membership group up in your area with lots of experience to draw on.

kinda new on forums stuff any way to have like an event reminder or something i can pops on my email? or something like that?

Back