• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I don't think the Honda X-ADV (DCT) is coming to our country yet but it might be the holy grail for your daughter. Then again maybe not. I report, you decide.

Honda X ADV Review │First Ride │ Don't call it Scooter │ Cracking Mechanics - YouTube

I almost posted that but I don't think you can get them here. Everything I have been able to find on it shows them being all over Europe and elsewhere, but not here yet and nothing indicating it might come here anytime soon.

My understanding is the Honda X-ADV is basically a reconfigured NC 700X/NC 750 X.

So I guess anything with a seat height off 33 inches or less would work?

Absolutely! Just as long as the seat is the exactly the same shape or narrower and the bike sags the same amount or more. :mrgreen: So the answer really is sometimes.

Just like two people the same overall length but different inseams' might use two different bicycle frames or at least different set ups.

Buy her the 2012 400 Suzuki Burgman scooter that's listed in the for sale section. I have two 650 Burgman and I like them so much I might buy that 400 just because I like Burgman sooooo much.

Thanks for all the help.

I got this 2012 NC700X DCT ABS yesterday for her to ride:

Attach44073_20180615_214955.jpg

It's a fun little bike. Very nimble and easy to move around at low speeds. Hopefully a good starter bike for her.

Now I need to find her some riding gear. She's an adult small in shirts, I believe. If you have anything you'd like to path with, please let me know. Thanks

My suggestion on gear is purchase new, and either let her try it on or order from someplace with a good return policy. Gear manufacturers have gotten better with designing their women's gear, but not all of them are quite there. Also, as I'm sure is the case with men's jackets, different brands fit different people differently. Let her try on some jackets and pants and see which fit her right, so you can both rest assured they're not just comfortable, but protecting her well, because the armor is in the right place for her body. I've had to return jackets before, because I ordered them strictly by size, and they just weren't right despite, technically, being my size. I now know which brands fit me best.

Last edited:
You are very nice to buy your 23yo daughter a bike on Father's day. :-P

Gotta use their bikes for the MSF. So have to do the clutch. Not to worry though. My wife had never ridden a bike in her life, nor did she have your daughter's other experience, and she aced the course when she took it.

Get her some quality boots! If you plan to take her on "adventure" rides, you might as well get something more dirt oriented because the odds of the bike landing on her leg at some point will be pretty good. A good boot can mean the difference between being sore and having a broken ankle... I know this from experience, both ways :doh:

Sidi and Alpinestars jump to the top of my list.

Of Course you'll see them at Moto Liberty.

Boots long sleeves and gloves minimum if I remember right for the course. Helment of course.

Practice the u-ey's in 2 parking spaces

What's a good boot?

For women? Does she have a narrow foot or a wide foot? For a medium to narrow foot, I totally recommend the TCX Aura. Armor is in all the right places. It's comfortable, and they really are waterproof. The Aura is also comfortable to walk around in when you're off the bike as well. I have a narrow foot, and they felt tight at first. They've stretched just enough to be comfortable regardless of the socks I wear.

Back