• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2001 Ford Lightning

Reaction score
Not sure how much, if any, interest there will be here, but maybe somebody knows somebody in the market.

2001 Ford Lightning, 38k original miles. I’m the original owner, bought new from Draeger Ford of Georgetown with 23 miles on it on August 11, 2001. Advertised at 380 HP, it is #4012 of 6381 built that year. Extensively yet tastefully modded, up to and including a built motor that made 455HP to the wheels on 93 octane pump gas.

Mods include:
Kooks long tube headers
Magnaflow exhaust
Hiflow cats
PSP Cold air kit
SCT 2400 MAF
Built motor installed at 31695 miles
JE Pistons and Rings
Scat rods
ARP 2000 hardware (internal)
Patriot heads and cams
Adjustable cam gears
Mid intake plumbed for nitrous by Nitrous Express (never connected)
Lower pulley with interchangeable rings
60#/hr injectors
Caltrac traction bars
Ported supercharger

Bed cover
Bed rug
California car cover
Keyless keypad entry
Phantom gauges
SCT tuner

Also included are most the takeoff parts. The stock exhaust is long gone but I have the manifolds. The inner fender skirts are missing, I think they were left in Houston after the header/exhaust install. The stock 42#/hr injectors were sold to fund some other mod at the time. I believe everything else is there. I even have the original spare with the original tire from 2001. There’s an extra hood in my barn I planned to make a cowl hood out of.
All purchase paperwork, manuals, letters from Ford SVT division, and original window sticker are included.

Clear Texas title in my name, no bodywork ever, original paint.

I'll post some crappy cell phone pics via tapatalk.
Happy to answer any questions.

$21,500
Located in Waco TX.

Pics from Jan 10 2018
7b6cbc4d5c3bffa70ba5c6aeaa7ac4fb.jpg
1d82ea89cf93c316e3da8c16c2eedcec.jpg
09d6c2348efae052a5bc3f70f6c5d513.jpg

Did SVT use a different ignition system over the regular 5.4s? Mine used to eat up Coil On Plugs regularly.

Beautiful truck done right. I have a soft spot for that generation F150, they've aged very well.

Did SVT use a different ignition system over the regular 5.4s? Mine used to eat up Coil On Plugs regularly.

Beautiful truck done right. I have a soft spot for that generation F150, they've aged very well.

I don't think the COP are any different. So far no issues on this one, though I've known others to have to replace them.

Thanks for the compliment.

Bump.

New price,
$20,000

Mileage is slightly higher. Just over 38 if I remember. Certainly still under 40.

Interesting trades considered. No idea what I would consider interesting.

That shore is purdy and I bet more fun than two motards...

Very nice.

I really need a newer truck, but that thing would just get me in a lot of trouble.

.... Extensively yet tastefully modded, up to and including a built motor that made 455HP to the wheels on 93 octane pump gas. .....
Though I'm not in the market I am curious .... is it 'safe' on 87 or 89-91 octane, maybe with something as easy as a toggle-switch to alter the tune, or would a chip re-program be required to accommodate lower octane (understanding lower octane = less power on-tap)?

GLWS, it's certainly a beautiful low-miles truck!

Though I'm not in the market I am curious .... is it 'safe' on 87 or 89-91 octane, maybe with something as easy as a toggle-switch to alter the tune, or would a chip re-program be required to accommodate lower octane (understanding lower octane = less power on-tap)?

GLWS, it's certainly a beautiful low-miles truck!

Probably not safely, there's no knock sensor on these motors.

Thanks.

Back