• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Breakfast burrito worth getting up early and riding for...

gixxerjasen

Wow
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, you came in here thinking I knew someplace? Nope, I started this thread for those of you know know where to go. So....whatcha got? Green chilies would be nice too.

:eat:

The best burrito I know of is at RICOCO's Latin Grill in Taylor Tx. Burito Supremo Muy Rico . A large rolled flour tortilla choice of chicken, steak or pork. Topped with sour cream. guacamole, tomatoes, cheese , and your choice of red or green sauce. Served with rice and beans inside. $9.99. This rascal is big and goodly. The chips and southwest dual hot sauces are yummy. Full bar. Its more New Mexico than TX Mex. Located 121 E 3rd St, Taylor TX.

Can't remember the name but in old downtown Kerrville there is a shop that really does breakfast burritos right. Easy to find, there is always people coming in and out.

An odd place, but highly recommended, is the Fina station in Pettus Texas. Get there early, much is sold out by 8:30 and almost none by 9am. Lots of choices early. The Eagleford shale crews buy the snot out of them. Hope the tacos stay after the boom leaves. Easy to find, same parking lot as the Pettus DQ.

Odd locations for a guy in Mesquite. :D

I am waiting for someone to post a place within riding distance for us! I have a feeling that you and I already know the answer - there is none.

Maybe it is time for a Best breakfast burrito like we have for CFS.

Hilda's Kitchen in Ennis seems to have good reviews...just haven't tried it out.

I was kind of hoping this thread might turn into something like the CFS thread. It'd be useful come next summer when you want to get out and ride before the heat piles on. I'm tired of gas station breakfast food so figured I'd start this up.

I am waiting for someone to post a place within riding distance for us! I have a feeling that you and I already know the answer - there is none.

Maybe it is time for a Best breakfast burrito like we have for CFS.

you can get a BoB at any taco Bueno!

have you tried Tuckers grill & taqueria at 2604 Towne Centre Dr ?
they are rated 5 star with the best breakfast burrito around.

Soliz de Taco
Dulles Ave a block off of 90A in Stafford.

Ask for the Mariane and an extra salsa. $3, cash only. I take 2.

I am hungry now...

This is the one thing I have missed since I left Lubbock. There were a couple of really good burrito spots. It was kind of a saturday morning thing with Buddies. One was about 30 miles away, but still not bad. All had really good homemade hot sauce. Something that was lacking in the DFW area. I found some, but nothing like what I knew about in West Texas.

Certainly nothing I've seen in Texarkana. I have actually only found one place that makes really good tacos in town! They would kill at lunch, but they are only open on the weekends. This town lacks good Mexican food. Maybe its because its to close to AR? Not sure.

Try moving to Ohio...it extra sucks up there. We moved back as quickly as we could. :D

Del Norte's tacos in Godley has some good stuff I've been told. It's a little north of Cleburne on 171. Opens at 6am on M-S. Sunday at 8am.

If you find yourself near Bandera, Jocalitos, just off Main st (look for Leather Bunkhouse sign). Burritos served hot and fresh. Whenever they are open, the place is hopping.

Can't remember the name but in old downtown Kerrville there is a shop that really does breakfast burritos right. Easy to find, there is always people coming in and out.

Gina/SpiritAtBay and I went to Mary's Tacos a few times and thought it to be pretty tasty. 1616 Broadway, Kerrville, TX 78028

Taqueria Chihuahua in Giddings. Giant breakfast burritos. Really good, really bad for you. Worth it!

Last edited:
Try moving to Ohio...it extra sucks up there. We moved back as quickly as we could. :D

The only good TexMex or Mexican in Ohio I know of is one of our dispatchers, born in Laredo, parents from Mexico. Helped her husband out when he was stranded far from a mechanic with trailer electrical problems, so now I'm, expected to stop by, let his mother flirt with me, and enjoy the menu of a real Mexican family whenever I'm routed through. I've heard some talk over the kitchen table of an upcoming eatery and if it comes to be I'll post it up. It will be excellent for those who cherish specialty sauces and salsas and home made tortillas and chips of a variety of types.

1-The prop-stop cafe on NAS Corpus Christi
2- Flores taco hut on Hwy 290 in Dripping Springs.
3- Sonia's tacos, Rocksprings
4- LA Plazita, hwy 64, Tyler tx

Oh, their green sauce has a kick! :eat:

Last edited:
If you really want a ride... The Bronco burrito (real chorizo) on Galveston island. Spend the night and enjoy the Surprise burrito at EL Gusto on the way out.

Dunno the name of it, or if it's reasonable riding distance from wherever you are, but there's a little Taqueria in Alto, just East of "The Intersection" on the South side of El Camino Real (AKA TX21), like the 2nd building from the SE corner of the 69/21 intersection, set back a bit from 21. Now, I have not yet had a brekky burro but the non-brekky burritos were foine, and when the guy saw Pesos in my wallet (left over from the BajaRally 3.0 trip) I got two big 'uns for $120(pesos) instead of $10. Current exchange rate is ~16/1 so . . . WIN!

I only had two 50's and a 20 and that made him happy but he said he'd like some 100Peso notes.

Edit: The Fresca in the returnable bottle was a perfect accompaniment to the burritos; I'll take the bottle back on the next trip.

Last edited:
Back