• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Price of Custom mold ear plugs in DFW?

Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Last Name
Veloz
I'm considering buying some custom fit ear plugs and talked to a place in Hurst that wanted $150 for a pair. Seemed a little high since I had heard of prices more in the neighborhood of $60 or so. Has anyone purchased a pair somewhere in the metroplex at a good price?

TejasFJR said:
I'm considering buying some custom fit ear plugs and talked to a place in Hurst that wanted $150 for a pair. Seemed a little high since I had heard of prices more in the neighborhood of $60 or so. Has anyone purchased a pair somewhere in the metroplex at a good price?

I had an ear doctor make a pair for me a while back. She charged me $100 which was less than what I was expecting. I didn't shop around but I sure I could of found some cheaper but it would have taken up more time than it was worth to me.

They work as well as the yellow squishy ones from Lowes and they are much more comfortable for long periods of riding.

there is a guy from Waxahachie that will meet you and do custom plugs, he was at Eurosport's open house /bike wash. I'll see if I can get some info for you.
If I remember, he was in the 50 to 60 buck range.

There's a guy that does goldwing trike conversions in a shop in Mansfield just south of Arlington, did mine for $45 on the spot.

I can't remember his name or shop, been a couple of years, maybe someone here knows it.

I think it's probably this guy http://northtexastrikecenter.com/ but if it isn't I bet he knows the guy.

Earplug Super Store is where I got custom molded earphones about a year ago. They sent me a kit to do my own impressions, and then within a week I had 'em back. Two hunnert bucks, but that included excellent sound.

Sidelight: this weekend I noticed the sound had gotten horrible. Contacted them, they put me in touch with the lab that actually makes the phones for them, over in Florida. Mailing them out today with a check for $32, will get new, upgraded drivers, guy says the sound is even better.

I used the guy at the Market Hall gun show in Dallas. I think it is Plano DB Specialties. I've had mine for several years and they work great. I use them at the range. I think he charges $35?

Cabellas sells a do it yourself for $12 that works pretty well too.

Hadn't considered a gun show but that's a great suggestion. Thanks.

TejasFJR said:
Hadn't considered a gun show but that's a great suggestion. Thanks.
There is a gun show this weekend (3/11-12) at Will Rogers (near IMAX) in Ft. Worth.

Sat 9-5
Sun 10-5

www.TexasGunShows.com

Dunno if they will have the ear plugs. The Market Hall shows in Dallas (couple times a year) are the largest with the most variety of stuff.

Ditto the gun show recommendation with one caveat: Make sure you tell the person making the plugs that you're going to wear the plugs UNDER a helmet. The plugs should be more "in your ear cavity" (if that makes any sense) than a standard plug used for shooting. Those plugs are built with more material and can stick a bit further out of the ear...and rub against the side of your helmet putting some uncomfortable pressure on your ear canal. <DAMHIKT> :trust:

I think I paid mid-$50 for mine.

Other recommendation: The flesh colored ones are nice, but they are a be-otch to find if you drop them in leaves...get the not-found-in-nature colors.

Back