• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

Trying to sell my 2007 Bandit locally for $3900, 12k miles VGC. Can't even get a nibble. Am I pricing it to high? anyone else tried selling a Bandit lately?

What brand do you have?:ponder:

Gerbing T5s. They're fantastic and if you're not careful they'll cook you! Perfect for cold days at speed. :mrgreen:
picture.php

Here is the link to Gerbing's site: http://gerbing.com/t5-glove.html

Trying to sell my 2007 Bandit locally for $3900, 12k miles VGC. Can't even get a nibble. Am I pricing it to high? anyone else tried selling a Bandit lately?

Bandit's just don't sell well. Last year I was offered about 2300 bucks for a trade in with my '07. But had 70K miles and little scratches here and there and really scratched up wheels from multiple tire changes. So, I just kept mine and prettied up the wheels. ;-)

That must be true because so many people have them. I bought mine many years ago when Widder was in business.I normally wear a size large and I had to get small so they would fit and the fingers are still too long.

I gotta remember to look this weekend.

What are you doing with the space underneath the Battery Box? I assume this compartment is for the ABS unit. I have a 2007 non-ABS.
I'm thinking of lowering the Battery Box, lower center of gravity or enlarge the Intake Box.
Give me some options.

Back quite awhile ago, someone did a post with pics on lowering the battery. Not sure how long ago. Might do a search and fine it, Might!

Sadly, the time has finally come to get out of motorcycling. Selling my 2008 Bandit 1250 ABS, black with Sargent low seat, Givi side racks and V35's, LeoVince pipe, MRA Vario, VistaCruise. 10.5k miles, RoadSmarts w/decent tread.

To save bandwidth, please direct inquiries to

rford@rockbridge.net

This site has been a delightful resource for the past several years. Thanks to all you guys.

t110, Lexington, VA

Sadly, the time has finally come to get out of motorcycling. Selling my 2008 Bandit 1250 ABS, black with Sargent low seat, Givi side racks and V35's, LeoVince pipe, MRA Vario, VistaCruise. 10.5k miles, RoadSmarts w/decent tread.

To save bandwidth, please direct inquiries to

rford@rockbridge.net

This site has been a delightful resource for the past several years. Thanks to all you guys.

t110, Lexington, VA

Please post this in the for sale thread.

t110,
You can still hang out. Just because you're selling the bike doesn't mean you can't still talk bikes!

Thanks, Greg. Just posted to a CCW thread.

Actually, the eye condition that has led to thoughts of retiring from m/c's may improve with time, but it could take a year or two. At the rate of response to my ad, the Bandit could still be here, and we all know that bikes suffer when not ridden regularly. :mrgreen:

At the rate of response to my ad, the Bandit could still be here,

When it comes to selling motorcycles, timing is everything. I've found that the prime time to sell is from about early March after the last cold snap, through April. The market slows down considerably during summer but picks back up again a bit in the fall when the temps start to become pleasant again. The depth of winter is slower than even the middle of summer.

Because the Bandit is a "standard", it's potential market is going to be much smaller and the resale value less than other motorcycles such as cruisers, sport bikes, and tourers, so add that consideration to time of the year.

Thanks, Greg. Just posted to a CCW thread.

Actually, the eye condition that has led to thoughts of retiring from m/c's may improve with time, but it could take a year or two. At the rate of response to my ad, the Bandit could still be here, and we all know that bikes suffer when not ridden regularly. :mrgreen:

sad thing is I know a guy that's looking and I drove up to Charlottesville a few weeks ago too......he has too small of a budget but ya never know.

Yep, we have a few that once owned and still post. I know of a couple that are selling and hopefully will never go away.

I gotta remember to look this weekend.

That must be true because so many people have them. I bought mine many years ago when Widder was in business.I normally wear a size large and I had to get small so they would fit and the fingers are still too long.

Olympia 4370 Sports Glove - Aquatex with 3M Thinsulate for > $60. - sport bike thickness and electric when you need it....and it has short fingers

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...rts-4370-cold-throttle-gloves?WT.ac=SLIsearch

Just bought a 2007 ABS for just a hair under that with 18k miles also in VGC if that's any help. Agree the season isn't helping. Can you hold on to it until spring?

They are great bikes. But as you see there
are way to many great bikes chasing to few
buyers. Every one in the biz thought 2nd qtr
would be better than the first one of 2014 for
bike sales. Buyers are one the sideline waiting
for the Blow out deals coming 3rd quater. All
pricing seems to bottom out around $3K. If you
do not want to go there wait until spring 2015.

Still living the dream in Central Coast California. Bandit is running strong and is the best piece of motorized anything I've ever owned. Ran across this on youtube. Thought it was entertaining. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVUZMAPjHTI"]Regular Car Reviews: 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250 - YouTube[/ame] Good Health to All! Doug

Well that was entertaining.
On a side note is there anything more I can do to soften my rear shock?
I've already dialed it down to the lowest setting for the pre-loadand it still feels solid, I bang every bump and crack on the road. :rider:
Is there a dampening adjustment?

Well that was entertaining.
On a side note is there anything more I can do to soften my rear shock?
I've already dialed it down to the lowest setting for the pre-loadand it still feels solid, I bang every bump and crack on the road. :rider:
Is there a dampening adjustment?
look at the bottom of the shock and there is a screw that adjusts dampening. Counterclockwise is less

... been gone for a while, still lurk now and then, wondering what comments might be had for this Hans Muth version. http://www.bikeexif.com/suzuki-bandit

Well, you know we're gonna like it, Joe. And I remember liking the Katana when it came out; I had a GS1000EN at the time. Looks nice; of course most of us love the Bandit because it can do a number of things very well. This one is pretty much just for going fast in a straight line. But it's purty!

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!" -- Homer Simpson

Im looking hard at either a Bandit of FZ1 as my next buy. I currently ride a Sprint ST, and will be keeping that.

Anything you can tell me to guide the decision making would be great.

The Bandit is a solid standard with LOTS of torque right off the line. It pulls like a freight train and is fun in the twisties.

And mine is still stock; wait until the Stage I & II modifiers weigh in! :sun:

Both are good bikes. If you're a big oke like me then the bandit is an obvious choice. If not, then pro and con the situation to suit your needs and decide from there.

Im looking hard at either a Bandit of FZ1 as my next buy. I currently ride a Sprint ST, and will be keeping that.

Anything you can tell me to guide the decision making would be great.

Back