• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Self amplified Speakers?

Reaction score
First Name
Laura
Last Name
White
I have a customer that has a 1200 Sportster
He wants tunes
Kuryakyn has the speakers he wants in their catalog...but they are not in production, yet. They are the 2 1/2" handlebar mount self amplified speakers. Anyone know of any others that small?

You won't be able to hear/understand a 2.5 inch speaker. If he thinks Bose is the greatest thing since sliced bread then your going to have a hard sell.

Even if your just listening in a parking lot with the engine off, a pair of speakers that small will sound like poo.

"They make miniature tubes and miniature loudspeakers, but they have yet to come up with a miniature 32-foot wavelength."
Paul Klipsch

HiSPL is correct. If anything resembling fidelity is desired, earbuds are a better option.

HiSPL said:
Hey, Aggie81

Are you an audio head?

Since I was a kid. Still a vacuum tube and analog enthusiast, but have some of everything. My first good set of speakers were Klipsch Heresy's, back when Paul Klipsch was alive. I never forgot what magic that was being demonstrated at Home Entertainment in Houston.

aggie81 said:
Since I was a kid. Still a vacuum tube and analog enthusiast, but have some of everything. My first good set of speakers were Klipsch Heresy's, back when Paul Klipsch was alive. I never forgot what magic that was being demonstrated at Home Entertainment in Houston.

Awesome! I'm sitting here listening to my Sansui AU-D11 on some open baffle speakers loaded with old EV Wolverine speakers!

I dig vintage stuff, but can't afford the valve gear. Wish I could!

I build all my speakers and stick with vintage high quality amps. I've got a decent little budget 2ch setup going here, and my HT has 3 Altec 9440 amps in it!:cool2:

I also make a living as a sound engineer, so I have more than a few pieces of pro gear mixed in....;-)

My current stuff is Musical Fidelity, Ruark, J.A. Michell.....For some reason, I've been gravitating toward English equipment in recent years. If you're ever up north of Denton, look me up and we'll drink some beer and spin some records. (Some of the youngsters are searching that one right now. What does that mean..."spin records"?!) -Steve

Take a laptop computer and crank up some of your favorite tunes. Bungee it too your handle bars and take a ride.

Thats what it'll be like.

Back