• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/24/18 - Center Point + 2 day ride option-TARA/SA

Sander
Is it OK to park a truck and trailer in the Los Dos Amigos Restaurant parking lot overnight?

Sander
Is it OK to park a truck and trailer in the Los Dos Amigos Restaurant parking lot overnight?

You would need to contact the restaurant. (830) 634-2198 I don't know the owners.

Or
For overnight tow vehicle parking I've had good luck with RV parks in the past. Usually they let you park a vehicle for a small fee per day with advance notice, you might try RV Park USA 108 Blue Rdg, Comfort, TX 78013 http://www.rvparkusa.com/ Phone: 830-995-2900

The first extended weather forecast for the Medina County 250 predicted "Brilliant Sunshine", that changed, fingers crossed...

I'd like to ride this if possible. Coming from Winnipeg Canada

And, in addition to Mark, there are three more of us planning on attending from the Houston area.

They can't accurately predict the weather one week out, let alone three!

Think sunny thoughts....

Think sunny thoughts...

Think sunny thoughts....

Wait and see. My plans may change due to weather and the fact that I may be battering 500 lbs of fish to fry for my v.f.d. on that Friday evening.

And, in addition to Mark, there are three more of us planning on attending from the Houston area.
Not sure who all you are referring to, but I've talked with Dannyboy and he's planning on going. I'm tentative due to a possible conflict with work. I won't know one way or the other til the week of. Hoping for good weather and our cases to settle!

Last edited:
Tentative! Will ride back directly to Austin from Menard with Gourdhead. Gonna figured out how to get all camping gear on the xt250. Wish me luck.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

I was thinking of riding it backwards and heading home from Menard. Watching the weather

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Tentative! Will ride back directly to Austin from Menard with Gourdhead. Gonna figured out how to get all camping gear on the xt250. Wish me luck.

I can mule your stuff on the VStrom if you need me to.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Not sure who all you are referring to, but I've talked with Dannyboy and he's planning on going. I'm tentative due to a possible conflict with work. I won't know one way or the other til the week of. Hoping for good weather and or cases to settle!

Ian, I did not include you or Dannyboy. It's me and two guys from the Tuesday breakfast group. I agree, good weather would be a tremendous plus!

I can mule your stuff on the VStrom if you need me to.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Thanks! The xt250 can do ok. Y'all see! [emoji1]
423dfc601da6590456b03f890bbc8072.jpg

Whats your plan heading out? Would you go to Center Point or meet the group in Fredericksburg or head directly to Menard? I am from ATX and might tag along out and back.

My current plan is to bring my gear with me to work, leave around 7:00 PM on Friday, and ride to Kerrville. Camp at Kerrville Schreiner Park, then meet the group for breakfast in Center Point. Ride with the group to Menard, camp, then ride back to Austin on Sunday, following a leisurely route.

For that are on the fence, maybe this will help. For any chance to ride...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxGNI4jpzL4"]WHY WE RIDE Official Pre-Release Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Hah ha! Complete with the Orchestra and Angelic singers. Awesome!

Thanks sander :thumb:

By the way, how dual sporty (sp) is this ride? KTM 500 Exc or KTM 990 Adventure?

Ian, I did not include you or Dannyboy. It's me and two guys from the Tuesday breakfast group. I agree, good weather would be a tremendous plus!

Joe, what are you riding?

I'm not sure yet Rob, either the 990 or 500. Are you considering?

Factors to be determined but yes. As you know all I have is big bike, don't want to be only one in a group. If you would let me tag along!!

That's close to 5 hours from here, you riding over or trailering? Guess it depends on which bike.

Back