• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

July Hutto pie run

Hot...and I only live 25 minutes away. Good crowd, considering the heat. Met a few new folks.

Hot... and I only live 20 minutes away. :-)

Always a pleasure to see old friends and make connections with faces and screen names for those I've not met. Thanks Leon.

Good lunch, nice meetup! :sun:
Warmish on the ride home......drank a half gallon of sweet tea in Thorndale at the Uptown cafe, Windmill offered to buy but the cafe GAVE it to us! :clap:
Good folks there......

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 211
Had a nice ride with Leon both directions and with James and Sondra on the way down to their first Pie Run.

The only time it got a little toasty was when traffic stopped dead on 35 outside Belton. Thermometer read 105. We took a 25 mile detour to stay off 35 for a while. It worked out well. I had right at 400 miles for the day.

It was nice visiting with those that attended.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Rode, sweated, visited, ate WAY too much, rode sweated, broke the bike.

Seems I might need a clutch slave cylinder.

This was my first pie run on my electric moped and it ran great. The Texan Cafe is only 9 miles from my house. The food and pie were excellent as always and it was great to see some familiar faces and some new ones. :rider: :eat: :-P

Home safe? Was good to see you! :sun:

Yeah, I noticed that the clutch was gone when I tried to downshift to get on the tollway. No slippage or anything, just no tension at all at the lever. I shifted without the clutch until I pulled into the garage. Thankfully there were no signal lights between my exit ramp and the driveway.

I really enjoyed the ride and visiting with long-time friends, and meeting new ones.

P1010833-L.jpg

P1010839-L.jpg

P1010831-L.jpg

P1010837-L.jpg

P1010842-L.jpg

P1010834-L.jpg

FullSizeRender-L.jpg

IMG_6342-L.jpg

I wish I could say it was a great ride but 500 miles by myself in the heat, mostly on 4 lanes, was just that.
But it was a good test for the V-Strom after some maintenance and sitting for a while (only short rides). Also a good test for me.

As always, it was nice to have lunch with the two wheeled Texans.
All went well and I look forward to a good adventure ride in the fall, I just have to pick one.
Thanks for the Pie runs! I will try to make more.

Later in the day I drove out to check on our house. Folks, it got hot yesterday. Dangerously hot.

Attachments

• IMG_2338.jpg
    IMG_2338.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Yeah, it was a hot one yesterday, for sure. I took opportunity of the fact we were right next to Austin to go to the AF1 shop and order new parts for my Ural and then had a nice hill country back roads ride before heading home. I didn't get home until about 5:00 and was looking forward to some nice cool air after spending most of the day in the scorching heat. I got home to a hot house and a non-working air conditioner. So, I went to a friend's house for root beer floats and to mooch some AC. Got mine fixed today around noon and am now enjoying some cool air. Nice meeting you all and special thanks for allowing me to take the Royal Enfield around the block. Those bikes have always intrigued me.

Yeah, it was a hot one yesterday, for sure. I took opportunity of the fact we were right next to Austin to go to the AF1 shop and order new parts for my Ural and then had a nice hill country back roads ride before heading home. I didn't get home until about 5:00 and was looking forward to some nice cool air after spending most of the day in the scorching heat. I got home to a hot house and a non-working air conditioner. So, I went to a friend's house for root beer floats and to mooch some AC. Got mine fixed today around noon and am now enjoying some cool air. Nice meeting you all and special thanks for allowing me to take the Royal Enfield around the block. Those bikes have always intrigued me.

You are welcome on Royal Enfield. I feel like I met a celebrity, with all you went through with your Ural adventure up north and back. I vote it as the adventure of the year, so far. Good meeting you.

Back