• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Re: Austin TARA: Monthly ride - August 2017 Ride, Spicewood, TX – Video

I'm glad you were wearing your gear to minimize the damage. I'll probably be back riding with the group in Sept. Will pick up with the group somewhere on the route. Looking forward to James River and Llano.

Correction: i was able to ride down to Dripping Springs.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Just as a note, a small pair of vise grips make a great emergency shift lever. As well as a third hand in a lot of other situations.
Glad you made it out safely.

Is the Sept ride still on for Sept 2nd?

Yes, it is. This month's ride goes west/southwest to Kendalia and does include several low water crossings. Hopefully, the low water crossing won't prove to be too much of an obstacle.

One can never have too much respect for slimy low water crossings...(looks down at her still swollen and red toe...)

i love scootin around Kendalia--i'll prolly join in!

I plan on riding but I have to hook up with you guys somewhere. I'll look a the route and find a good spot around Blanco.

I'm in! The bike is fixed and ready! See ya then at the Y.

Middle creek all ways has water in it and county has planed and re sloped the north side and chip sealed the south side still rock in the bottom, Blanco 101 was dry last week smelled of dead fish may still be that way we have not gotten all that much rain.

Aaron

Middle creek all ways has water in it and county has planed and re sloped the north side and chip sealed the south side still rock in the bottom, Blanco 101 was dry last week smelled of dead fish may still be that way we have not gotten all that much rain.

Aaron

This was done.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'll be out of town this weekend, so I'm taking a pass. If anyone wants to run the route later in the month, let me know.

This is my two cents i made most of this route Tuesday going to and coming back from willow city the only spot you might have problems with a all street bike would be middle creek at the water crossing there was only about 1" water there, my riding buddy rides a Harley and made it thru before but he cuss me when we get there. Everybody enjoy what little gravel is left as the county's are chip sealing most all the roads around here that are gravel I was shock when i got up close to willow city not much dirt left that close to here.

Aaron

Any idea how long is the ride tomorrow?
(I'm concerned about the gas shortage...)

Im in, see you all in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People are showing up!
90597c575641b5ff83c8c61d80d84720.jpg

Where is group now?

I may have missed you. In J C. Blanco

Guess I just missed the group in Blanco. I went ahead and took the route. Hadn't been down Edge Falls and Acker so that was cool. Will make better plans next month. The sign that said Sharp Curve wasn't kidding.

Great ride!
Many thanks to the Africa twin rider ( sorry. I'm really bad with names) who step in and took the lead.
I had to split up from the group to search for gas, which was challenging.

Love this group!
Shai

Glad yall make it home ok. I was able to fuel up in Dripping Springs. It was scary riding with the fuel light on. It was a great ride with great people. See ya next month.

Back