• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Guy and Rocky Ridge Ranch

Hoping to get there either Saturday or Sunday with my son.

My son and I ride the easiest trails at a pretty slow pace.

By myself I gravitate to the hardest trails at a pretty moderate to fast pace. Usually I alternate when Jacob comes with me.

Is a good place for an old guy who's just getting back into trail riding with a KLR650? If ya seen an old guy in hi viz yellow gear and bike with green balls hanging off it stop and say hey

BTW to update your sig block goto your CP > settings>options>edit signature

A word to the wise get there early. All the bubba`s with their quads and side X sides show up about noon so watch it.. A couple of weeks ago we went about 8am and had a great time and left about 1 when it was just starting crowded.

Yea t's what I kind of figured, middle of trailer park central , bout the time the rednecks sober up and need another drink they show up and its time to leave

You hit that nail on the head...
With their hats on backwards, going watch this!!!

:headbang:
You hit that nail on the head...
With their hats on backwards, going watch this!!!

See enough of that kind on the street daily riding around and same kind of idiotic behavior on the road to there ( I live just a couple miles from there).
But I am grateful they exist cuz a couple years ago one became a skid mark and gave me his knee parts to fix mine

Welcome to the site. Looks like we have similar tastes. Older guy here with an 07 KLR and a 16 Yamaha FJR. Live in Decatur and have driven past Rocky Ridge many times. Been wanting to check it out but I mostly ride alone these days so next time you head that way let me know.
I have heard lots of the "hey y'all watch this" story's and just have not wanted to deal with that.

Welcome to the site. Looks like we have similar tastes. Older guy here with an 07 KLR and a 16 Yamaha FJR. Live in Decatur and have driven past Rocky Ridge many times. Been wanting to check it out but I mostly ride alone these days so next time you head that way let me know.
I have heard lots of the "hey y'all watch this" story's and just have not wanted to deal with that.

Just did pre drive from Krum to the ranch thru to forestburg then greenwood and back to Krum and looks like a great ride. Sounds like a plan I hate to ride alone myself . I'll pm contact info and some Saturday morning we can make a ride of it. We drove some of re in truck and it looks interesting

Back