• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New guy from Denton

TNA

Reaction score
Hey TWT my name is Travis. I have been riding a Ducati 749 since 2012 but recently added a new KTM 1090R.

My dirt experience is very limited but I recently made a trip out to Red River Motorcycle Trails on the big bike and had a great time.

I would love to find some people to go back with so I don't get eaten by coyotes when I break my ankle. PM me!

Welcome along, nice rides!
no pressure but folks here love looking at pictures of bikes...… jus sayin'

Welcome to the site! :wave:

That 1090R has to be a handful when things get sandy!!

Welcome to the club. There was one rider who organized monthly dual sport rides, but that hasn’t happened this year, hopefully someone will, otherwise there are often small groups organizing ride outs in your area. Now the temps are starting to drop, hopefully you will see some rides being posted.. we all need to twist Chris’s arm to organize the monthly DS rides!! Have fun with the new toy..

Gary

Welcome along, nice rides!
no pressure but folks here love looking at pictures of bikes...… jus sayin'

DJc2yeo.jpg

8aUzHUP.jpg

3ssm9Hn.jpg

How do I make these images appear smaller?

Welcome to the site! :wave:

That 1090R has to be a handful when things get sandy!!

Thanks! Yes it was an eye opener in the first time in the sand. I recently took a total control class and my instructor emphasized imagining you're a circus monkey on a little bike who is just along for the ride, letting the bike do it's thing.

Sounds silly but it really helped me a lot in the sand.

just watch out in sticky mud, it tends to stick to the tyres and then packs up inside the front mudguard and either locks the front wheel or breaks the mudguard!! :)

Gary

just watch out in sticky mud, it tends to stick to the tyres and then packs up inside the front mudguard and either locks the front wheel or breaks the mudguard!! :)

Gary

A "feature" they copied from the BMW GSs :-P

Back