• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 KLR 650 9K miles, extras, $3550

mtbikertoo

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
SOLD SOLD Update: I'd consider a trade for an upper-end mountain bike===29er, medium frame, dual suspension.This is a nicely equipped KLR with under 10k miles. Extras include Tusk crashbars, Thermo-bob addition, off-road pegs, Seat Concepts saddle, hand/brush guards, bar risers, tinted MRA windshield, UNI air filter and Shinko E-804 tires. The bike has also been lowered about an inch (original links and side stand come with it). Someone in the 5'8" range sits flat footed very easily. The side panels show some minor scuffing---the previous owner ran saddlebags with no rack to keep them off of the panels. Thanks!
Please see my C/list ad for pictures. $3550

Last edited:
Good question, bike looks nice, but I'm not familiar with the pricing range for them. GLWS

I lowered mine 2” so a short guy could ride with me. It never happened so I raised it back to stock. Literally takes 10 minutes to swap the links. Let the prospective buyer know it’s actually a bonus to get the extra links

This site (in my experience) can be a slow sell, although you never know. I've noticed that if the seller is not a regular contributor or participant at events, then members seem to be a little cautious. Also, it is not the "hot" season to sell bikes. I'd say be patient, and figure out how to "refresh" the ad so it doesn't disappear behind the newer ads posted.

This site (in my experience) can be a slow sell, although you never know. I've noticed that if the seller is not a regular contributor or participant at events, then members seem to be a little cautious. Also, it is not the "hot" season to sell bikes. I'd say be patient, and figure out how to "refresh" the ad so it doesn't disappear behind the newer ads posted.

And this site is mostly made up of folks who already own a motorcycle ... or two or three ...

The observation about regulars being able to sell quicker is true to a degree I suppose. That should be motivation to participate more. :trust:

Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure about the "seller is not a regular contributor or participant at events" description needed to qualify someone as a solid seller. If that's based on the number of posts a person makes then I'll never qualify. I've contributed money to this site and I've been to several of the dual sport events that are in my area so I do participate. And yes, most folks on here probably already own multiple bikes but I'm just trying to get the word out. Thanks again!

I'm not sure how it is in SA, but there are a ton of KLR's on CL right now.

Plus they seem to have just discontinued the model.

Maybe it will sell better in the coming months.

I'm not sure how it is in SA, but there are a ton of KLR's on CL right now.

Plus they seem to have just discontinued the model.

Maybe it will sell better in the coming months.
Like he said. There are alot for sale around San Antonio right now. Give it time, don't lower your price.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure about the "seller is not a regular contributor or participant at events" description needed to qualify someone as a solid seller. If that's based on the number of posts a person makes then I'll never qualify. I've contributed money to this site and I've been to several of the dual sport events that are in my area so I do participate. And yes, most folks on here probably already own multiple bikes but I'm just trying to get the word out. Thanks again!

I think the point is that if people already know who you are because they've met you, or ridden with you, or traded posts with you for a while, then there is a feeling of doing a deal with a friend and not a stranger.

It's still a business transaction and I've bought plenty of bikes from total strangers that were great deals, but it's also nice when you know the person and know that they take good care of their bikes and their friends.

But....I don't think post count or involvement in the forum is your problem here...it's just a soft market and buyers have a lot of great options to consider.

Or they've got more bikes than time to ride them....which is the case with me.

Hang in there....it will sell....you just have to wait for the guy looking for your KLR.

I've updated the ad to say that I'd consider a trade for an upper-end mt bike in medium size, 29er, dual suspension if anyone would be interested in that possibly. Thanks!

Back