• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS vs Street Jacket

Most DS jackets are 3/4 length and street jackets are cut to the waist.

DS = Dual Sport?

Most Dual Sport jackets do not have the same type of armor as street Joe Rocket jackets most are made to wear an mx chest protector under them.

I don't mean the sport biker stuff.

I mean the textile "touring jacket". That and "Dualsport" jacket look a lot alike to me. RollingJ said DS is longer. Yes, I see they are.

He's right about the armor as well. A DS jacket may have no armor and just thick abrasion areas on the elbows and shoulders, or it could just be a windproof/waterproof shell.

IMO 3/4 sucks in good weather. Just got a tourmaster air intake 3 mesh jacket (w/ removable thermal and water liners) that I'll be trying out tomorrow.

I have an ARC Foul Weather Jacket that I like a lot for what it is. But, the only way I'm going to wear that thing in the summer is if it is pouring down rain or the ride involves major bushwhacking. It vents well enough for a 3 season jacket, and it was my main shell last winter. I wear it over a Fox Airframe chest protector.

There are three gripes.

I sort of wish the sleeves didn't zip off. There is always a little airflow to the armpits. Bad in the winter, good in the summer.

I hate pockets on sleeves. I never use them and they just flap in the breeze.

The screen printing on the back of the jacket is tacky and just screams, I'm cheap! Luckily, a CamelBak covers it nicely.

Back