• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

12 shot rolls?

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Has anyone seen 12+/- shot rolls of 35mm film anywhere? I have some body's I want to move and thought I'd shoot each one to show the pics that came from it to let prospective buyers know it works.

I suppose there are folks who roll their own color film still? But in the big picture, so I have to shoot 24. Oh well....

Well, you don't have to shoot all 24. And you don't have to shoot all 24 in the same camera. Shoot 12, rewind, but stop before the leader gets retracted. Load in another body, advance with lights low and lens cap on until you are past where you were.

Yeah, I thought about that too......

Might just go that route. I've got a few 36 shot rolls of color film here so that's probably the best option.

Curious what kind of bodies you're wanting to get rid of?

Thinking of selling a Nikon N6060, a Nikon N2020, and Nikon EM w/motor-drive. And some "E" Nikon glass (non-AF)

Wanted to run some film through the body's with my 24-70 and see how they shoot. The N6060 was given to me from my uncle who was a great shooter years ago. The N2020 and EM is mine which I bought new years ago.

The FE w/motor-drive and 50mm f/1.4 I'm keeping along with the Nikon 100mm f/2.8 and Nikon 135mm f/2.8. That's a SUPER combination, but to be honest, the manual focus gets tough for these old eyes. Yet there's still some 'fun' factor to clicking off film, catching yourself chimping the back and nothing is there, then you have to wait to see how you did!

Now if I could just find that Nikon 55mm f/1.8AF. I know I had it before Christmas, but it's not to be found anywhere..... They're just so danged small I'm sure I tucked it somewhere. Or loaned it out.... Or lost it.

Back