• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cycle Center of Denton

Ok, had a customer service issue that had the potential to get ugly. When I first addressed it with one of the counter guys, they weren't too willing to step up and make the situation right, but after speaking with their parts manager, Jason... he made the issue go away. It took awhile to get things right, which is why the delay in posting... this has been going on since before Halloween.

Faith restored.

Good folks there.

I'm digging this post up from the grave to ask for recent experiences with Cycle Center of Denton, specifically the BMW Service guys? Now that i'm back in the metroplex I need to find a BMW dealer that can do my services. I got a quote from BMW in fort worth and they wanted $600 for my 6,000 miles service. Same exact same service (includng brake job and new air filter) at CCoD is $350.

I scheduled an appointment for this upcoming Saturday, but thought I would see if anyone had any personal experience with them I should know about?

I'm digging this post up from the grave to ask for recent experiences with Cycle Center of Denton, specifically the BMW Service guys? Now that i'm back in the metroplex I need to find a BMW dealer that can do my services. I got a quote from BMW in fort worth and they wanted $600 for my 6,000 miles service. Same exact same service (includng brake job and new air filter) at CCoD is $350.

I scheduled an appointment for this upcoming Saturday, but thought I would see if anyone had any personal experience with them I should know about?

If things go sideways, ask for Carlos. I have been going there since 2005, my first Strom... then my ST1300, now this Strom. Mostly good, some bumps, but whenever I needed help Carlos came through. Seems to help if you know your bike well and can walk through everything with the service people. BTW, still waiting on that beer we talked about at Bob's place. Audacity Brewery is just up the road... :trust:

No experience on service side but have shopped there in the past and they were very accommodating. Just traded my RT for a FB6 they had and they gave me a very fair trade and a seamless buying experience. Freedom Powersports in Hurst? Really nothing good to say about them. Service was just ok and I had a maintenance agreement on the RT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If things go sideways, ask for Carlos. I have been going there since 2005, my first Strom... then my ST1300, now this Strom. Mostly good, some bumps, but whenever I needed help Carlos came through. Seems to help if you know your bike well and can walk through everything with the service people. BTW, still waiting on that beer we talked about at Bob's place. Audacity Brewery is just up the road... :trust:

You are right! Shame on me for going this long and not trying that place out! :doh: Since I currently plan on getting the bike services on Saturday, you want to grab a brew?

No experience on service side but have shopped there in the past and they were very accommodating. Just traded my RT for a FB6 they had and they gave me a very fair trade and a seamless buying experience. Freedom Powersports in Hurst? Really nothing good to say about them. Service was just ok and I had a maintenance agreement on the RT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom PS in Hurst was the first place I went. They were friendly enough, and covered a dead battery under warranty. I've been to a coffee meetup with the Beemer group and the sales guys seemed nice enough. But If I have the option, I would always prefer to support a locally owned/operated shop like Denton.

You are right! Shame on me for going this long and not trying that place out! :doh: Since I currently plan on getting the bike services on Saturday, you want to grab a brew?

Sounds like a possibility. I have kiddo duty this weekend, so I will be on her schedule... Text me when you are free (number PM'd) and if we can slip away I will meet you. She likes their root beer. If it is close to lunch, you can bring your own food to the brewery.

I have bought a few bikes there, most recently the BMW RS. No issues with warranty work, good pricing and the whole crew has been professional.

I have, not to dis the OP, noticed many yelp and other online complaints and bad reviews. Once I dug into the details it's usually a small thing that a pissed off disgruntled keyboard warrior gets bent about.
I have yet to do the valve check there, that's the only service I will need from them so I'll see.

Carlos, Kenny and Jason in parts all good, Chuck in service.

Been a good while since I shopped there. Bought my last two new bikes there in 2000 and 2001. Don't know if it's changed ownership since then but I actually used to ride with the owner and he was nice enough to loan me an easy up for my first track day. Now, where I live they are too far. I did test ride a bike up there but ended up walking away as they'd had the year wrong on the advertisement. They did lower the price when the mistake was discovered but I was looking for the later model.

Always had good experience with CCoD. Bought 2 new bikes there in 2007 & 2012. Dealt with Carlos both times, no problems. Also bought a lot of gear and accessories there over the years, but never any service since I do all my own. I moved from Keller to Granbury in 2011 so I haven't gotten up there much lately. I missed the big sale events they do a few times a year, always find a good deal on something even though I never win a door prize.:-(

I bought my 690 from them and they were very accommodating with an in-and-out trade of my 500EXC. Everything went very smoothly and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I like the fact they're just up the road as well.

Only had one small warranty issue which was resolved immediately. We'll see how the first service goes.

Been a good while since I shopped there. Bought my last two new bikes there in 2000 and 2001. Don't know if it's changed ownership since then but I actually used to ride with the owner and he was nice enough to loan me an easy up for my first track day. Now, where I live they are too far. I did test ride a bike up there but ended up walking away as they'd had the year wrong on the advertisement. They did lower the price when the mistake was discovered but I was looking for the later model.

Ownership is the same! Randy Martin has turned over the reins to Kenny, his son.

I just bought a GSA from them and it was another good experience. I have now purchased six bikes from them! :rider:

Great feedback guys, I really appreciate you all taking time to response. I'm taking my GSA in tomorrow morning for service, I don't anticipate any issues. Thanks!

The actual Techs at FTW are good guys. Getting to them seems to be the prob.
Huge turnover in the other personnel at Freedom and it's very hard to get to know anybody there. Often if someone promises you something, they don't work there when you go back to collect.
And many get the impression that Freedom Powersports has a hard line on the almighty buck.

I haven't taken anything to CCoD to have serviced, (I do my own) but if you're looking to feel comfortable from the get-go, see Kenny first and have him show you around. He's a rider too (and actually BMWs!) and it shows in his shop.

Last edited:
Back