• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Good family fun involving motorcycles and speeds up to 62 MPH

So what are the basics of getting into MiniGP?

Is there a required training class and license, kind of like CMRA?

Minimum age?

Where are the various tracks?

Is there an actual season with a fixed number of events?

Scott, they do 8 race season currently and have a race license class on Saturday morning for $35, race license fee for year is $35.
8 year old minimum age, currently race at Gulf coast Karters track in Katy and North Texas Karters in Denton.

Last edited:
Is the class on the same days as races?

Are there any other times you can run the tracks other than race days?

I have a polini pocket bike, thing is fast, or used to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Is the class on the same days as races?

Are there any other times you can run the tracks other than race days?

The class is on Saturday morning of race weekends. You can become a member of the Katy kartway and it is open any time there is not a race. I believe they require you to have a license, but I'm not sure. Cost is around $350 per year. The Speedsport thing mentioned above is not part of the TMGP and I don't think a license is required.

@Bagwell and @beefsalad to the courtesy phone, please.
You rang?

I still have a Grom to loan to anyone that has NOT roadraced before, track days OK. No charge for the bike, fresh tires, fuel provided. The grom retires along with me at the end of the year so hurry. Must be 13 and know a little about shifting to ride my bike. Slight age exception may be allowed by me if there is actual dirt bike racing involved. The last race had 7 Groms. The bike qualifies for at least 6 races per weekend. I have some adult leathers to loan.

If you want to try your hand at TMGP, take humanrace up on his offer!

Well crap...Now I need a truck AND a mini bike xD

There are a few who show up pulling trailers behind cars, I believe one or two show up with their bike in a car... Also, see humanrace comment if you want to give it a try.

Round 4 is July 1st - 2nd in Denton, TX at North Texas Karters.

Make no mistake, humanrace is a crack dealer. The first hit is free, but you'll be trying to sell your kidney to get some more. :D

Man... I hope it is a cloudy day! Gotta get hot out there in the direct sun!

Man... I hope it is a cloudy day! Gotta get hot out there in the direct sun!

Speaking of hot, Round 5 is August 5th and 6th in Katy at Gulf Coat Kartway. We race rain or shine or hot and rain or hot and lack of rain. If you plan on attending, spectator or racer, hydrate before. There's competition at every level to be had!

I'm just glad I caught the leaking fork seal on the SSR in time to fix it for this round. Bonus, the suspension feels better than ever with new seals in it. Lot less stiction.

Where are these held. The kids and i would love to be spectators.

September Denton round was rescheduled to the 30th/Oct1st due to the hurricane. 2 weeks out for people to make plans if they would like to attend! We've also started a stock crf/xr50 class. So far it looks like allowed mods will be upper triple and bars.

I'll bring the kids so we can spectate. They have been talking about it for a while. Any cost to watch?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Denny you got the Gman gnawing my arm. Wants to go next outing.
Those young motor enthusiasts are super impressive. ??

Nope, don't have a bike....yet. Eventually I'll have a ride and do this, just other things sucking down my money. I have done it thanks to HumanRace, and it's a freaking ball.

Jason, find a "never roadraced" partner and bring him out to one of the next 2 races. The 2 of you can endurance race the Grom. I have an extra set of leathers. Fit 5'7" to 5' 10" and about 180#. As always, no charge for the bike, tires, fuel, damage or rider's school for your partner. Race fee $160, gate fee $12 each, one day license $10 each. No credit cards.

Back