• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I guess its time

Reaction score
First Name
Stuart
My son asked me THAT question the other day "Why can't I come ride with you daddy ??". He's 9 and already terrorizes the neighborhood on his Razor electric dirt bike. I knew this day would come and that is why I bought a Corbin seat (so I can fit a backrest !!).

So I guess I need to get him gear. What did you guys, whose kids ride with you, do for gear? Where id you get it? The only thing I can find is the Tourmaster Jett jacket. What did you do for pants?

xs womens stuff sometimes fit.. Most of the time Nat just rides in jacket and helmet gloves and boots. There is just no way I could get pants for him he would out grow them every two months or so..

I assume he already has some gear from the electric dirt bike? Do you have a Cycle Gear near you? Easy to fit him there even if you buy online.

I was really looking for more of road style of gear. Tourmaster does a youth jacket, but nobody appears to do pants (with armor).

I haven't found pants either. My daughter has been riding with me for 2 years (she is 7 now). She has a jacket, gloves lid. I only let her ride when it is cooler weather so she can wear jeans with a pair of ski pants over them. It's not armor, but a little more. I have been watching for a set of knee/shin guard combo.

good luck and have fun!!

Like others have said, you can find XS womens jackets that will fit kids. We have two mesh in a W size 2 if you want to try one on for size. It's rare to see them smaller than a 6, so when you do find a 4 or a 2 you need to snatch them up quick.

We have the kids in street helmets, clear visors with sunglasses, over-the-ankle hiking boots, jeans, and dirt bike gloves. We don't take any risks when we rid with the kids (less passing cars, less eft lane riding etc.) so we don't feel the jeans is a deal breaker. You could add a pair of knee/shin guards over the jeans if you want.

Scotty on BSB is selling all of his wifes stuff - he said it might fit a youngun?

might be too big but I've asked for his email to send you

Pratt had his daughter at a Pie Run not long ago and she was wearing a full suit, like an Aerostich. I can't remember what brand it was or where he got it though. It looked pretty good. Might want to shoot him a PM to find out more.

Maybe some youth football hip pads (we called 'em "girdles" back in high school :lol2:) under jeans, along with some off-road knee armor w/pads might be a workable option for pants.

just wait just a few more yrs you will be getting some other questions that are much more uncomfortable to answer.. I say give it a yr..lol

Back