• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

dr350

Reaction score
I located and bought my old dr350 back. I didn't know how much I missed the old girl. Anyway to the gist of this.
The previous owner did some mods that need to be reversed. The bike was lowered to the point of the muffler drain plug rubbing on the rear wheel. He couldn't find the original dogbones. He slid the front forks up in the clamps, there-in lies one of the problems.
I don't know what the original stock height is for the forks.(as in how much sticks up from the top clamp) or where I can find stock dogbones for the rear.
She also needs a massive cleaning effort. In his defense, He is recovering from major shoulder surgery.
the trim ring on the ign switch is broken and needs to be replaced. the instrument lamp on the speedo is also not working.
It's not all doom and gloom, she still runs great, and the pumper carb (aftermarket) gets the front wheel up "right quick and in a hurry".
No pics right now as the ole girl needs a kerosene soak and a power washing.
Any help is appreciated.
1999 dr350 se 8100 miles pumper carb airbox mod 140 main jet 4 gallon clarke tank

Last edited:
I located and bought my old dr350 back. I didn't know how much I missed the old girl. Anyway to the gist of this.
The previous owner did some mods that need to be reversed. The bike was lowered to the point of the muffler drain plug rubbing on the rear wheel. He couldn't find the original dogbones. He slid the front forks up in the clamps, there-in lies one of the problems.
I don't know what the original stock height is for the forks.(as in how much sticks up from the top clamp) or where I can find stock dogbones for the rear.
She also needs a massive cleaning effort. In his defense, He is recovering from major shoulder surgery.
the trim ring on the ign switch is broken and needs to be replaced. the instrument lamp on the speedo is also not working.
It's not all doom and gloom, she still runs great, and the pumper carb (aftermarket) gets the front wheel up "right quick and in a hurry".
No pics right now as the ole girl needs a kerosene soak and a power washing.
Any help is appreciated.
1999 dr350 se 8100 miles pumper carb airbox mod 140 main jet 4 gallon clarke tank
You can find the service manual on line https://www.manualslib.com/download/824331/Suzuki-Dr350.html
attachment.jpg

Suspension links ("Rod, rear cushion" ROD, REAR CUSHION
62640-14D00 ) are no longer available new So used on ebay, or a DR350 internet forum,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/95-Suzuki-...360862?hash=item48a562cc9e:g:nKoAAOSw1JVaHH-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DR350-SE-D...720445?hash=item3ad93c723d:g:~LAAAOSwTglYk7iD

Attachments

• DR350 fork.jpg
    DR350 fork.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 242
searching ebay, I found a few listings for "dr350 shock link" that show some used links from about 20 bucks up to around 70 bucks. That may be the best place for parts like that. You can probably find new ones somewhere, but I doubt they will be cheap.

searching ebay, I found a few listings for "dr350 shock link" that show some used links from about 20 bucks up to around 70 bucks. That may be the best place for parts like that. You can probably find new ones somewhere, but I doubt they will be cheap.
thanks, the previous owner found the missing links (no pun intended) along with some other parts. he even dropped them off at my house. I got the parts installed, and everything is good.

Back