• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rear shock filled with nitrogen in Austin

Reaction score
I’m in the process of charging the spring and fluid out on my rear shock. Any pointers to a shop that can fill the shock with 140$ psi of nitrogen in Austin area?

I’m in the process of charging the spring and fluid out on my rear shock. Any pointers to a shop that can fill the shock with 140$ psi of nitrogen in Austin area?

Bring it 64 miles to Kempner, get it charged to 140 PSI, and leave me lunch money.

Does your shock have a schrader valve? What shock brand? Bike?

Last edited:
Or, as a second thought, if you can wait 7-10 days..... hand it off when I come though your area (I'm at the Delco Center every week, Wednesday normally) and meet me again the following week and take your shock back.

Could be less delay if there is a maintenance need for me to be in Austin sooner.

Just make sure Erik has enough notrigen on hand to fill the shock before you go visit him. [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

also the 812 suspension guy in roundrock can do it. or bill deck in bastrop too. both charge money im sure

Just make sure Erik has enough notrigen on hand to fill the shock before you go visit him. [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

Once, it happened ONCE ....oh....and i checked before i offered......:giveup:

Lmao.

Hailchaser, if I were in your shoes I would take it to Erik just to meet him.

Erik, that would be awesome let me know a good time this week for me to run it up to you I’m off first part of the week and don’t mind making the drive. It’s a rear shock out of a klr it does have a schrader valve.

Erik, that would be awesome let me know a good time this week for me to run it up to you I’m off first part of the week and don’t mind making the drive. It’s a rear shock out of a klr it does have a schrader valve.

Check your PM's

I was curious about this very question. I have been comfortable refreshing my own forks but never my own shock because of not having a nitrogen fill source. Maybe I will give it a go myself here at some point.

I was curious about this very question. I have been comfortable refreshing my own forks but never my own shock because of not having a nitrogen fill source. Maybe I will give it a go myself here at some point.

After seeing my fluid in the rear shock I was glad I did. Shoot E.Marquez a message. He got me taken care of in no time. Worth the drive for sure.

After seeing my fluid in the rear shock I was glad I did. Shoot E.Marquez a message. He got me taken care of in no time. Worth the drive for sure.

It’s out of sight so out of mind.
Folks tend to ignore the shock service needed until it’s leaking or maybe the rubber bumper has rottted off.

But the oil is sheared and no longer the correct viscosity long before that and it is filling with contaminates in every piston stroke

Back