• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON / HUNTSVILLE: Cheesburger Loop Sunday, 10/2 @ 9:00 AM

That is good to hear. However legally the dog owner is responsible for Ian's injuries and property damage losses. Not endorsing action or trying to initiate something against his desires but stating this only to inform him of his possible options.

_

David is litigious. ;)

:cool2::deal: everything's going to be alright agreed.

If the guy had been rude or difficult, I'd consider it. But he was so nice and helpful considering. No reason to sue when they do right. There's less than $100 damage to the bike, and while I'll need a new helmet, all is well.

If the guy had been rude or difficult, I'd consider it. But he was so nice and helpful considering. No reason to sue when they do right. There's less than $100 damage to the bike, and while I'll need a new helmet, all is well.

got you a helmet Ian its a Shoei like new "no sweatie smell":lol2:
it yours ...I don't need it no worries .. extras too I just don't wear it because of the shape and my head don't conform it as well if that makes any sense

David is litigious. ;)

Lol quite the opposite actually. But recouping damages is a whole 'nother thing and doesn't involve that. From the sounds of it, i.e. having to have rider and bike hauled home it seemed damages and injuries were much worse. Glad was all minor and I agree with WW's resolution.

_

Lol quite the opposite actually. But recouping damages is a whole 'nother thing and doesn't involve that. From the sounds of it, i.e. having to have rider and bike hauled home it seemed damages and injuries were much worse. Glad was all minor and I agree with WW's resolution.

_

Well, probably more than a hundred bucks plus he's missed two days work. But I agree with the outcome. Parts if all damaged stuff was replaced instead of just leaving the gouged parts on, parts that have to be replaced, helmet, and 2-3 days off work. I bet closer to thousand dollars. Plus could have been much worse.

Last edited:
That is good to hear. However legally the dog owner is responsible for Ian's injuries and property damage losses. Not endorsing action or trying to initiate something against his desires but stating this only to inform him of his possible options.

_

I was wondering about the dog part on responsibility. Also if damage had been worse, which on some bikes it would be, do you have to have police report to file insurance?

_

Quit ruining my fun at your expense!

I was wondering about the dog part on responsibility. Also if damage had been worse, which on some bikes it would be, do you have to have police report to file insurance?

That would be the best to document it. Otherwise you would be more dependant on dog owner's cooperation. If you had witnesses and the dog owner gave you their homeowners insurance company information I wouldn't bother with police though. Many if not most homeowners will not accept that they are responsible for their dog actions but they definitely are in most situations.

_

Quit ruining my fun at your expense!

Watch it youngster or I'll put you on my ignore list. Lol
Only two others currently in my penalty box and I can assure that you wouldn't want to be in close company to either. hahaha

_

Pump it up SB we cant hear you over hear..:sun:

Attachments

• 4KK55_AS01 DISCHARGE PUMP.jpg
    4KK55_AS01 DISCHARGE PUMP.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Its all good guys, relax.

It's my DR. It's my dirt bike. It can get scratched up. Only the helmet is a total loss for gear. The bike is short one tun signal and a mirror on one side. $75 from procycle to replace both mirrors with folding ones and a 4 pack of smaller, less likely to be damaged turn signals. I'll be checking this evening to make sure the bike runs.

The land owner has enough to deal with having lost a dog and having a crying wife (I think his wife). Everyone did everything they could to make a terrible day for all involved as calm and painless as possible.

We shook hands. No one was any more upset than warranted. No hard feelings all around. Everyone is taking responsibility for themselves. It's finished at that.

William, thank you for posting that. I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Back