• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I diagnosed my problem

Reaction score
now I need to medicate it.

I've become addicted to the sound, the look, the feel of motorcycles. I've been craving one for years, but it wasnt until last night (when I went to the Huntsville meet) that the disease fully flowered. I lay awake last night, contemplating what kind of bike I really want, what I should look for in a starter bike, and how in the world I'm going to get the money for it.

I rarely dream, but last night I dreamt of 2 wheeled beauties riding through my mind, tempting me with thier curves.

All day I've been shopping around the 'net.. looking for that perfect deal.

My name is Rob, and I'm an addict.

LOL:) We've all been there and that's why we're here.
When you find the cure, you'll not need a spoonful of sugar to make it go down.

Welcome.

That's good, Rob. Welcome, and GOOD LUCK with the search.

You've made it to the first step. Admiting you have an addiction.

Ride brother...ride...:rider:

Rob,

Glad you are here. The folks on this site are great and they can give good advice. I sent you a list of MSF course locations today. Take the course as your next step and keep looking for the bike you want. See if your wife will take the course with you.

pk

pkiser said:
See if your wife will take the course with you.
Wouldnt that be cool... but itll be forever before wed be able to afford a second bike for her on her salary.

And its all your fault. You infected me. :)

:tab Who said anything about a second bike ;-) She'd let you ride hers on occasion :lol2: Even if you can't swing two bikes now, I would try to take the course together. Beth and I did and it was quite fun. It was also neat because we could talk to each other about the things we learned in the course.

:tab One piece of advice on selecting a first bike. It won't be your last bike so it does not have to be the perfect bike ;-) This will just be the bike that lets you develop your skills and figure out what you really want in a bike, until your next bike which will make you want another bike, and then... So just get something cheap with the intent that you either keep it for your wife or sell it for about what you paid for it when you move on to another bike. Don't get hung up on the power thing. A good rider on a little 250 can smoke other riders on the big bikes in the twisties. Good skills and control are what make for a good ride, not big HP numbers. Learn it right on a smaller bike and when you hit the bigger bike, it will be a lot more fun and not so intimidating. Also, as a new rider, your insurance is likely to be pretty stiff on a big bike.

:tab I hope you can make it to more of the bike nights so I get a chance to spend some time visiting with you guys.

Back