• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Back!

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Riders,

Well, I used to be a lurker 2 years ago! Now, I am back. Glad to see that this community has grown so much.

I own a GS500. Bought used it 3 years ago. I joined an oil company and they sent me off to Venezuela for 18 months. So, now I am back in Sugarland and raring to go on some group rides. While I was gone I had loaned the bike to a friend. He decided to practice his mechanic skills on the bike by taking off the tank, the carbs and the airbox! I managed to get it all back together last weekend. The bike looks to be fine.

After getting some more miles on the GS500, I plan to upgrade to a bigger bike. The Speed Triple just looks too good. Kinda expensive though. But I just love the looks! Another propect is the FZ1. Need to do some reading and some test rides to decide.....

Take care.

Kid.

Come on, you know you want one.....

sidesmall.jpg

I know...I know...sigh....Well, I have a test ride scheduled for next Saturday at Lone Star BMW, Austin. And, the 07s models are also due to be announced in the next 3 weeks. Wonder what changes they will have for the Triple.

I doubt there will be many changes since '07 will only be the 3rd year for the 1050. Maybe a new color will be offered.

I haven't heard a lot of good things about the new FZ1. Sounds like the fuel injection hasn't been ironed out and the low end isn't really there like before. I was thinking about an FZ1 but I really wanted the low end grunt of the triple engine.

Good point. And since it's just the 3rd year for the 1050, used ones are hard to find (2005+).

Used FZ1s are easier to locate. I prefer the previous gen FZ1s. Something like 2003 with less 10000 miles can be had for around 5000.....But I like the Triple too much!

donroger1 said:
:welcome: kidproquo

You are SO BAD! :rofl:

I will call the guys at Lonestar and see if I can get a piece of the commision if they sell a triple after my carefully planned baiting. :trust: ;-)

mjacks said:
I will call the guys at Lonestar and see if I can get a piece of the commision if they sell a triple after my carefully planned baiting. :trust: ;-)

Hah! Now I see through your grand scheme. Well, I went over to polaris last evening. They have Black, White and a Yellow in stock. But they didn't seem very interested in selling at below retail....

kidproquo said:
Hah! Now I see through your grand scheme. Well, I went over to polaris last evening. They have Black, White and a Yellow in stock. But they didn't seem very interested in selling at below retail....

Doesn't surprise me. Try British-USA. That is where I got mine and I didn't even have to ask for any discounting. They were very easy to work with but I don't know if they have anything in stock.

The parts guys at Polaris are very helpful and nice though.

Back