• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

The extras on this bike you can't see include Dale Walker Stage II, PAIR removal, DW fork brace, seat cowl, Scottoiler, R&G Yoshi protector, GSG Moto sliders, LED tail light, Stebel Nautilus and more. I have detailed the journey at http://kewwibike.blogspot.com

Scottoiler? May I ask where you put the reservoir?

Kewwig-How much did you pay for the gel seat? Love the color of your bike. That
color is not available in US on 2011/2012 GSX1250FA.

Scottoiler? May I ask where you put the reservoir?

Under the seat where the main relay goes. It means you have to have your seat in the highest position, but I prefer it that way anyway

Attachments

• DSCF4696 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF4696 - Copy.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 181
Kewwig-How much did you pay for the gel seat? Love the color of your bike. That
color is not available in US on 2011/2012 GSX1250FA.

I was lucky and got it for USD$187 off a low mileage crashed bike (EBay) and as new. There's good deals on EBay.

The red colour came out in NZ in 07 and 08 Bandits (YHL colour scheme). After that you had a choice of blue, silver or black. The GSX1250FAs here remain as dark blue, silver and black. Not a very inspiring selection. Shame they never kept the red, as it's very distinctive

Last edited:
Well, I picked me up a little toy that's should have been bought a long time ago.

TireChanger.jpg

and this

WheelBalancer.jpg

Well, I picked me up a little toy that's should have been bought a long time ago.

TireChanger.jpg

I just changed my tires "myself" (with a buddy who actually knew what he was doing) last weekend. His was a Harbor Freight Tire Changer. The top part of that machine (the tire changer) didn't work out too great as it would have scratched the crap out of the rims so we used tire irons and those plastic rim clips and worked it around. The bottom part, the bead breaker, was perfect. Leverage is your friend there. I hear the No-Mar machine is very good. I haven't looked, but I'd like to find just a bead breaker out there. Also, I used 1oz Dyna Bead up front and 2oz Dyna Bead in the rear tire. Smooth as glass. I can't see myself going back to lead weights again.

Under the seat where the main relay goes. It means you have to have your seat in the highest position, but I prefer it that way anyway

You have ABS??

I do and I was inspecting that area today and it doesn't look good.

I just changed my tires "myself" (with a buddy who actually knew what he was doing) last weekend. His was a Harbor Freight Tire Changer. The top part of that machine (the tire changer) didn't work out too great as it would have scratched the crap out of the rims so we used tire irons and those plastic rim clips and worked it around. The bottom part, the bead breaker, was perfect. Leverage is your friend there. I hear the No-Mar machine is very good. I haven't looked, but I'd like to find just a bead breaker out there. Also, I used 1oz Dyna Bead up front and 2oz Dyna Bead in the rear tire. Smooth as glass. I can't see myself going back to lead weights again.

I've seen the No-Mar demonstrated and it looks soooo easy. But right now I can't justify the cost.

I've seen the No-Mar demonstrated and it looks soooo easy. But right now I can't justify the cost.

I am going to cut some plastic bottles and zip tie them around the ares of concern. I've seen this cheap setup used a few times without scratching. For $50-$100 it can't be beat. Sure, I'd like to get the high dollar No-Mar, just like I'd like to get a high dollar BMW but we all know what I did buy - something practical, that will do it all very well without all the frills, bells, or whistles, but in an efficient manner.....:lol2:

Been using that same tire changer set up for about the last 4 years now . I just use it to break the beads and then clamp the wheel steady. I use old 18" automotive irons for removing and installing the tire . Cut up old plastic bottles for wheel protection. And a few small blocks of wood to hold the tire down in the valley. I use lotsa soap and use stick on weights for balancing.

Five friends and I went in together on a No-Mar. It was a great way to get access to the equipment without making the full investment yourself.

Phil, how many miles have you been running the dynabeads? I heard good things about them including better even wear, etc. So I was thinking about trying them once I change tires! :)

FWIW, I've been using DynaBeads since getting my baby brand new in '07. NO COMPLAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the harbor freight and the balancer... No problems...work great..

providing you also get the Mojo bar and mojo blocks... makes it a scratch free process... Or you could put some plastic, leather or anything that stops scratch and slides easy on the harbor freight bar and mount points.

you should also get a strap to one of wheel spoke to mounting unit and it will stay in place..

they are countless stuff/mod on this unit...check out st owners site, it has specific section for tire changers... very helpful..

I have the HF unit and have been using it for a couple of years now. I'm not too worried about scratches, and with a couple of easy modifications (ziptied a rim protector to the mounting and of the bar) I can get a set of tires swapped out in a half hour or so with very minimal scratches. If I was more careful, I'm sure I could avoid any scratches... little nicks on my wheels don't keep me up at night though.

The one thing I have had to start doing is completely remove the rotors on the front wheel.... I bent a couple when I get going with the big bar and don't pay attention to them. Expensive lesson to learn, so I just take them off now.. don't trust myself.

I've got the same balancing stand from HF too, no complaints with it either. The stick on weights work well on the Bandit, but I'm still experimenting with cheap skate methods to use on the dual sport with spoked rims.

trey

Trey, get some Dynabeads. Almost all can be saved when changing tires. My son and I bought several extra ounces. Works for us!
PS: Maybe I should try and become a salesman for them????

. little nicks on my wheels don't keep me up at night though.
trey

:lol2: My wheels look like war zones with all the scratches. But, a few miles down a dusty gravel road and the dust hides most of it. Just don't wash the wheels till next tire change and it pretty much keeps that stuff hidin'. Or , a bit of tape and a spray can of paint hides them pretty well also. Now I have these cute 90° valve stems ( love them to death ) and I try to keep them free of black paint. So. Far. ! :trust:

Trey, get some Dynabeads. Almost all can be saved when changing tires. My son and I bought several extra ounces. Works for us!
PS: Maybe I should try and become a salesman for them????

I've alllllllmost bought them a half dozen times but never pulled the trigger. Maybe when this set wears out I'll finally do it...

trey

Phil, how many miles have you been running the dynabeads? I heard good things about them including better even wear, etc. So I was thinking about trying them once I change tires! :)

About 6 miles. :rofl:

So far so good, but I need a few thousand to get an opinion.

‎Mid 70-degrees in the mtns today - 7:05 hrs on the road, 5:06 hrs riding, 247 miles = a good day!

Just had to pour salt in the wound, didn't you!:-P Glad to hear someone has NICE WARM WEATHER to ride in!!

‎Mid 70-degrees in the mtns today - 7:05 hrs on the road, 5:06 hrs riding, 247 miles = a good day!

Your Lucky! I took my Bandit for my first ride of the season today. 47 degrees feels nice outside until you start going 70 mph. I got a bit cold but still put on about 60 miles.

How many miles are you guys getting out of rear tires? I have Bt021's front and rear
which come OE on the 2011 and at 2500 miles the rear is starting to flatten out. I run
34psi in front and 36 in rear. I talked to Bridgestone and they do not import the Bt021
to the states but they do the Bt023 and recommend it. I would like to get 4K out of rear
tires but the front design is so rounded I hate to mix a Metzeler in to do it. Any ideas?
And what the heck is a "Dyna bead" and where do you get them? Thanks....

How many miles are you guys getting out of rear tires? I have Bt021's front and rear
which come OE on the 2011 and at 2500 miles the rear is starting to flatten out. I run
34psi in front and 36 in rear. I talked to Bridgestone and they do not import the Bt021
to the states but they do the Bt023 and recommend it. I would like to get 4K out of rear
tires but the front design is so rounded I hate to mix a Metzeler in to do it. Any ideas?
And what the heck is a "Dyna bead" and where do you get them? Thanks....

I think you should run slightly higher PSI's unless you are doing all track time.

With that being said, the stock Dunlops on the 07 to 09 Bandits are notorious for wearing out fast. My stock rear dunlop only lasted about 3,000 miles. I'm not sure what the lifespan averages are for the BT021's but I don't have faith in stock tires anymore after the Dunlops. I'd really recommend going with Michelin Pilot Road 2 or 3 series if you're looking for long tire life with decent traction. PR2's have a solid history of going 10,000 miles.

Back