• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cheap Luggage????

SRADkneedragger said:
OK I got 2 silly questions,,,
#1 Why the obsession with HARD luggage? I have had great results with soft luggage. Is it crash worthyness or possible security? If its security, I pack non essentils (clothes shampoo deoderant etc) in the saddlebags, and valuables in my tankbag which doubles as a back pack.
#2 if you set on hard side cases, Why not buy something like the Honda SilverWing saddlebags used (EBay /wrecking yard) I always thought they were a nice size and shape.
SRAD

I've got a RevPack that would be fine for hauling clothes/gear/whatever. Great product, but it could be thicker. Basically I want something I can put my stuff in and lock it and not have to worry about the casual thief. Realistically if someone wants your stuff they'll get it, but hard luggage would discourage most. Also I don't want to have to pack ANYTHING away from my bike when I park it. I'm lazy. ;-)

I think the salvage saddle bags would be just as expensive as a custom built set of hard luggage.

Last, I enjoy tinkering and making something work.

Lazy and cheap............ :doh:

10-95 said:
Basically I want something I can put my stuff in and lock it and not have to worry about the casual thief. Realistically if someone wants your stuff they'll get it, but hard luggage would discourage most.
Exactly. Reason No. 1
other reasons for hard cases:
most are weatherproof (wind, rain, etc), greater capacity than soft bags offer (when doing long distance touring), survive tipovers well (most do).....
I'll think of more after coffee.

Back