• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie from Tyler Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Hi my name is Chad. I live in Chandler just outside of Tyler. I have been married to my wife Lindy for 10 years and have a son Zach that is 17. I am new to riding and on the advice of a friend bought a honda because I am NOT mechanical and needed something I could use and abuse. I ride a '96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE. I have only been riding since early in 2006 and can not ever think of not riding.

These ET guys will get you either during the week or on weekends! But try to join 'em sometime, I think they are a great bunch of guys and gals. :thumb:

Addiction is right. :welcome:!

Hey Chad

Glad you could make it. I'm sure you will find lots of new friends and at least one old one.:nana:

Stephen

Gilk51 said:
These ET guys will get you either during the week or on weekends! But try to join 'em sometime, I think they are a great bunch of guys and gals. :thumb:

Chuck, you can suck up to us all you want but we're still not giving you specific directions to the restaurant Thursday!!:lol2:

dutchinterceptor said:
Chuck, you can suck up to us all you want but we're still not giving you specific directions to the restaurant Thursday!!:lol2:
Rats! Caught again... :giveup:

Welcome to the forum. Any relation to Kenneth Bontrager of radiology fame? (well, famous in my world at least;-))

Hi there Chad :-) I can't pronounce bontrager1969 very well. Some put their name in the signature line. Welcome. :mrgreen:

pacman1 said:
Welcome to the forum. Any relation to Kenneth Bontrager of radiology fame? (well, famous in my world at least;-))

Not related to him but I am an X-ray tech in Tyler. I am guessing that you are a tech as well.:party:

SparkyBlue said:
Hi there Chad :-) I can't pronounce bontrager1969 very well. Some put their name in the signature line. Welcome. :mrgreen:

I am new to forums and it is taking me a few days(weeks,months:ponder: )
to work out the details;) Thanks for the compliments on the ACE.

bontrager1969 said:
Not related to him but I am an X-ray tech in Tyler. I am guessing that you are a tech as well.:party:

Yup. Chief Tech at a hospital in Ft Worth.

PhotoBone said:
Hey Chad, a late welcome to TWT! My high school buddy Trent Moon lives in the Chandler area. Know him?

No, sorry the name is not ringing a bell. We have only lived here a few years and the town although small takes a while for people to warm up to the "outsiders". One of the reasons for joining this group is to make new friends and to get out and RIDE!:rider:

Back