• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to Two Wheeled Texans

Reaction score
Finally decided to try a motorcycle again after some 30 plus years. Bought a KLR and have been slowly building it out and relearning to ride a motorcycle again. I live between Dickinson and Alvin, TX. Now that I have got a little time in saddle I thought I would see who and what kind of riding is out there. I signed up for the Hill Country Ride this coming weekend. Saw that it should be good for beginners and I have hunted and ridden near Fredericksburg so thought I’d take a first step into some group riding.

DakTari

Attachments

• 8E977B96-EE09-4EA2-9262-7FCD808C1E9E.jpeg
    8E977B96-EE09-4EA2-9262-7FCD808C1E9E.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 175
Welcome. Long time since Daktari was on the tube. But I watched it. This is a great place to start or restart. Lots of folks will help and try to keep you safe. Enjoy your ride this weekend.

Welcome from Spring Branch! Great looking bike. Wish the KLR I used to have looked that good.

Welcome, DakTari. Plenty of rides to go to, places to see and people to meet here.

Welcome back to riding. There are a lot of us retreads out there, who gave up the sport in our child raising years and are back to it now that we're at or near retirement. Don't stress too much about relearning; just take it slow and stay within your skills, and you'll be fine. It all comes back to you. It's like -- well, riding a bike.

Welcome from central Texas. We have a bunch of members with KLRs here at TWT. Looks like you are all set up to camp off the Kawasaki. We do that here weather permitting. Ride safe. KP

Welcome from stockdale!
I lived in Dickinson for a short period

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Welcome from Friendswood. Come joined us older guys at Joe's Event Center in Alvin for breakfast
on Monday mornings.
Randy

Last edited:
I worked in Africa for about 5 years. At one point came back to the US to do some special training and had a group of Navy Pilots in the same class. Since I was living in Northern Kenya at the time, in basically a hut, they determined that my Call Sign should be “DakTari”.

What time do you meet at Joes for breakfast?

Rumor has it around 7-8am, I haven't made it myself yet but I will get there eventually.
Welcome to the site, hope your KLR is even better than their reputation.

We usually meet up around 8:00 am. When you walk in the door, turn right and head for the back wall. Look for motorcycle gear :rider:

Randy

Welcome. Long time since Daktari was on the tube. But I watched it.

Starred a very young Erin Moran ... Joanie on Happy days.

Welcome and enjoy the place.

Nice folks and all are willing to help.

I worked in Africa for about 5 years. At one point came back to the US to do some special training and had a group of Navy Pilots in the same class. Since I was living in Northern Kenya at the time, in basically a hut, they determined that my Call Sign should be “DakTari”.

:mrgreen:

:welcome:

Cool story, and I bet there's more to that story as well. :trust:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Watch those water crossings out there in the Hill Country this weekend. They can be tricky! :flip:

Thanks for the support and encouragement. Looking forward to the weekend and trying something new. I have been riding alone for the past two years. Did have a great ride on my brothers BMW in Wyoming this past May.

Back