• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Spoked wheel repair and trueing

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Guys, my motorcycle has developed a nasty vibration at the handlebars and I discovered that both my front and rear rims are slightly bent (I assume from landing on large rocks, etc). Is there any spoked wheel repair shop in a Texas (preferably near Dallas) that anyone can recommend who could straighten the rim (bend looks to be less than 1/4 inch and re true both wheels? I was looking at buying a set of aftermarket rims, but at $500+ I can't justify the cost!! The bike is a 2007 crf450x.

Thanks Gary

Gary Greg is good people, he used to work for a customer of mine before he went into the wheel business

Sorry Budzrex, but who is Greg? Does he work at JDCPMXWHEELS? Or is it someone else? On a separate note, how are you? It's been a very long time since we last saw each other!! Hope all is well.

Gary

Last edited:
I thought the vibration at the bar was a design feature.
ON my HUsaberg, if I didn't have that feature built in from the factory,
I'd doze off and kill myself while droning down the slab...:mrgreen:

Back