• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uk 2009 Xr250r ?

Jbay

Reaction score
from MCN? (via thumpertalk

09xr250.JPG

aluminum frame, upside down Showa Forks, Progressive rear shock
steering dampner, water cooled, 4 stroke, electric start, FI?
plated street legal, new motor for dual purpose trails (not racing)

so, will it make it to the US, sign of things to come?

C'mon. Just 150 to 200 more cc's, please.......

Sweet! Perfect for lighter framed folk I bet. Sure wish I wasn't grounded from dirt...

250 sounds just about right to me. But then I am biased, having put over 6k on my old school XR since plating it and adding a speedometer. It would have had more put on it except it splits saddle time with a couple of other bikes. If this makes it here I will have to take a long look at it.

250 sounds just about right to me. But then I am biased, having put over 6k on my old school XR since plating it and adding a speedometer. It would have had more put on it except it splits saddle time with a couple of other bikes. If this makes it here I will have to take a long look at it.

Yeah, but you get more outta that 250 than us normal folks can outta 200 more. I'd like to say if that was available in a 450, It'd be in the short list, but then, the short list is about 4 pages and way too many $$ long now, it'd be pointless.

+1!

Or maybe 400 more...

Can the 650 be far behind?

I'm guessing that Honda sees the market, but they are slow to move. If the 250 takes off, they will address the other bikes.

I'm with Ed on this one. I keep going smaller rather than larger. I'm wondering why I got a DR some these days.

The US needs a bike like this. The CRF230 could be considered a campground commuter compared to this.

A 400 would be nice though. So many places where a 250 just won't cut it. Even the 450X, on the pipe, nearly bogged itself dead a bunch of times in the dunes and silty dry riverbeds last week. A 250 like this would only make it up small hills too. Really depends on how you define "trail bike." Some people's definition is that it should be mostly flat but covered in dirt. Mine is dirt but should go up and down as well.

Back