• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ever feel like maybe you missed a step when reassembling your forks?

Reaction score
MMFcrBZ.png

So I'm going to take the **** thing back apart today, but what would cause this? I want to know what I'm looking for before I go looking. I don't even know what the little popped up part is called.

(05 GSXR600 forks, btw)

That dark colored hex head popped up part looks like the spring preload adjuster.

The silver circular part looks like a either compression or rebound valving adjuster.

If it's the hex head adjuster that's in question, ie preload adjuster, it may be OK sticking up like that.

Nah it's the center silver bit that's the problem...I don't know the proper name but it's the piece that goes through and threads onto the rod. It should be flush with the top of the preload adjuster.

Turned out I had it connected to the rod at the wrong height. It was only down about 6mm on the rod when it should have been 11mm. Got it sorted out now.

Back