• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ISO wheel spacers

Reaction score
Looking for wheel spacers (collars) for the front wheel of a 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere. I somehow misplaced one while doing some maintenance. Boats.net happily took my money and said they would ship on Thursday. Email they sent last night says they are delayed till the 29th. Anyone have a more reliable source? I assume all/most of the internet sites work the same way and won't have them?
Salvage yard? I searched with no luck.

Boats.Net The Alternative to Retail Prices

Dear Phillip,
Thank you for your recent order at Boats.net! Your order summary is below.

You have one or more items that have been delayed.

Order Details Ordered Ext. Price
23P-25183-00-00 COLLAR, WHEEL (Yamaha Motor) $11.90
Available Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1 $11.90
23P-25186-00-00 COLLAR, WHEEL (Yamaha Motor) $9.83
Available Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Looking for wheel spacers (collars) for the front wheel of a 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere. I somehow misplaced one while doing some maintenance. Boats.net happily took my money and said they would ship on Thursday. Email they sent last night says they are delayed till the 29th. Anyone have a more reliable source? I assume all/most of the internet sites work the same way and won't have them?
Salvage yard? I searched with no luck.

Boats.Net The Alternative to Retail Prices

Dear Phillip,
Thank you for your recent order at Boats.net! Your order summary is below.

You have one or more items that have been delayed.

Order Details Ordered Ext. Price
23P-25183-00-00 COLLAR, WHEEL (Yamaha Motor) $11.90
Available Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1 $11.90
23P-25186-00-00 COLLAR, WHEEL (Yamaha Motor) $9.83
Available Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I order from partzilla (boats.net) several times a week.

Anything not in a warehouse "on hand" will return that message and the availability date may or may not be accurate..
Call and speak to a rep if you want a better timeline.. Part could already be on an order placed with the manufacture, part may not be in the US at all, so the "ship date" will keep on pushing forward a week at a time, until the part arrives in a US warehouse.
The part may not be in the US and the manufacture has not issued a release date....If you don’t call and ask, you will just keep seeing a new email every week moving the availability date farther and father to the right...When actually they have NO IDEA if or when the part will ship to a US location.

They will try and get you off the phone with regurgitating what you already know....ask them to call the manufacture and confirm availability.
The other thing to watch for is the “In stock” markings, this goes for all of the common online parts places (I buy from 4 ~6 different online places) the computer system is “dumb” online means just that the inventory database should a positive number. Not that the part is not already spoken for, paid for, but just not pulled and shipped taking it out of inventory….also the inventory system don’t know how many….so you see “In Stock” and order two sets of wheel bearings, 3 sets of levers and two each front and rear tubes so you have on hand spares….
You order and see all “in stock”
When they go to pick your order, there is only 1 set of front wheel bearings in inventory.. your order is not on hold while the other set is ordered in.
So either call to place your online order, or follow up an online order with a call..that will get you accurate availability and the ability to tell them to partially ship.

Got hold of Liz, she was very helpful and VERY southern.

There are none available in the US. There's a few in Japan. "But you won't get those by the 29th".

At the suggestion of someone on another forum, I've sent messages to ebay sellers of Tenere axles and wheels.

Get me the dimensions and I will machine you one tomorrow morning, but it will be aluminum. I do it all the time for vintage race bikes that are changing from 16, 18 and 19" rims to 17" rims and the stock spacers don't center the new wheel. No charge except shipping.

Last edited:
Get me the dimensions and I will machine you one tomorrow morning, but it will be aluminum. I do it all the time for vintage race bikes that are changing from 16, 18 and 19" rims to 17" rims and the stock spacers don't center the new wheel. No charge except shipping.

That's awesome!

What tolerances do you need? Can I get close enough with a harbor freight dial caliper?

Since there are two part numbers I assume there must be some difference. Let me see if Rod will let me take his apart to measure.

All I have ever dealt with have full millimeter inside and outside dimensions.
Example 12mm ID and 22mm OD. The lengths of stock ones are probably full mm also, but I don't know. Sometimes they have a step down and I would have to know those dimensions also. A dimensioned drawing would be great. Harbor freight calipers are fine. I may be able to do it tonight.

So good news. Turns out the spacer on the left side has an oring that holds it in the plate for the ABS sensor. I looked under that piece as it sat on the lift, I just never looked AT that piece.
I'm a little embarrassed that I had never noticed that when changing tires.

Thanks for all the advice and offers to help. Sorry for the brain fart.

Humanrace, your offer was above and beyond. Thanks.

c8e8df220a1946c9662c1bd67b3c97f0.jpg

Turn it over......
0377ceb43191bb05134725a5b292e222.jpg

Duh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back