• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

R1100rt. Starting

Reaction score
I just bought a 96 1100 and I got it from an auction website it came without any relays even though it said on the site starts and runs so I don't know where to go I'm just going to ask if anybody knows if I get a clicking sound when I'm starting it is that just the battery so I put a charger on it . Anybody think of anything else I should do

Normally, clicking while hitting the starter button will be starter relay engaging, but not enough juice to actually turn the motor.

When I had a low or almost dead battery, I just jumped the bike off the car (car not running). 12v is 12v. As a test, it always worked for me. Prove the engine one way or the other. As usual, YMMV.

Re: R1100rt. No turn signals

Like I said I have this 1996 BMW r 1100 RT and none of the turn signals work I read something about an issue with the kickstand safety switch and yes mine is broken the bike starts even with the kickstand down is it supposed to start with the kickstand down in neutral anyway I can't figure out what it could possibly be the battery is good on an unrelated issue I went to a BMW dealership to get the two tires put on they quoted me a price of $275 I was in shock for a few minutes I told him the tires were off the bike but that was what they charged so I just stood there for a couple minutes and then I picked up the tires and left they have to be out of your mind

Back