• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heaven

Reaction score
Bike, hike, kayak, fish, camp, relax, culture, peace, quiet, all that: a bit of heaven in a chaotic world. And Home.

DSCN3727-L.jpg

DSCN3610-L.jpg

DSCN3606-L.jpg

DSCN3618-M.jpg

DSCN3740-L.jpg

DSCN3747-L.jpg

DSCN3757-XL.jpg

DSCN3716-L.jpg

Yup.
:zen:

...so...
where is home? Terlingua?

Last edited:
Looks to me like the kind of heaven that will turn to hades in four months. Or at least feel like it. :D

Sorta reminds me of some Mexico trails I've seen long ago or southern Utah , looks good and I have found a place I like riding better than Terlingua and am headed there for a few weeks this summer . SEYA

Texas Shadow, I've missed your posts and very glad to find this thread.

"Bike, hike, kayak, fish, camp, relax, culture, peace, quiet, all that: a bit of heaven in a chaotic world. And Home."

Where might this be?

Heaven indeed. I need to pop down there before it gets too hot.

Texas Shadow, I've missed your posts and very glad to find this thread.

Where might this be?

Maybe the photo's Properties give a hint...

"https://photos.smugmug.com/Travel/New-Mexico-twenty-tens/New-Mexico-Taos-2017/i-9Fv5vS3/0/L/DSCN3716-L.jpg"

There is a dirt road that switchbacks down to the Rio G about 20 miles north of 62 also another low water crossing 20 miles or so south but no trees like those at either one . The Rio canyon is pretty barren at both crossings and for several miles south of them .

Ha! I found it. Rio Grande Gorge State Park on 567/570.

DSCN3727-L.jpg

I thought I recognized this switchback.

Attachments

• Taos Rio Grande Gorge 1 (640x369).jpg
    Taos Rio Grande Gorge 1 (640x369).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
One of the things I miss about SOCAL is quick easy access to things like this :(

High altitude, desert, running water and mountain sheep says probably Rocky Mountains. Add in the large amounts of Lava and Lava canyons, I say Idaho, Oregon or Washington

Back